Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default abtr-gui UI should include debug-info button

I have recently switched from F13 to F14 using preupgrade.
abtr-gui UI seems to be good but misses button to manually install
debug-info of package similar
to KDE 4.5 crash report. Will that issue be resolved for update or for F15?

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
uGraphic & Web Designer

Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Adam Williamson

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 01:05 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> I have recently switched from F13 to F14 using preupgrade.
> abtr-gui UI seems to be good but misses button to manually install
> debug-info of package similar
> to KDE 4.5 crash report. Will that issue be resolved for update or for F15?

abrt-gui is supposed to do it automatically, but this actually seems to
be broken at present - it seems to calculate missing debuginfo packages,
pull some repo info, then skip the stage where it should install them
and go straight to generating the backtrace. I really should have filed
this before :/ Jiri, any ideas?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 09-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Jiri Moskovcak

On 09/20/2010 02:40 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 01:05 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>> I have recently switched from F13 to F14 using preupgrade.
>> abtr-gui UI seems to be good but misses button to manually install
>> debug-info of package similar
>> to KDE 4.5 crash report. Will that issue be resolved for update or for F15?
>
> abrt-gui is supposed to do it automatically, but this actually seems to
> be broken at present - it seems to calculate missing debuginfo packages,
> pull some repo info, then skip the stage where it should install them
> and go straight to generating the backtrace. I really should have filed
> this before :/ Jiri, any ideas?

We didn't do any changes to the debuginfo install code in the last few
ABRT versions, so my first guess would be old packages installed on the
system so the debuginfo no longer exists in the repository.

Jirka

Old 09-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Adam Williamson

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 14:13 +0200, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 01:05 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> >> I have recently switched from F13 to F14 using preupgrade.
> >> abtr-gui UI seems to be good but misses button to manually install
> >> debug-info of package similar
> >> to KDE 4.5 crash report. Will that issue be resolved for update or for F15?
> >
> > abrt-gui is supposed to do it automatically, but this actually seems to
> > be broken at present - it seems to calculate missing debuginfo packages,
> > pull some repo info, then skip the stage where it should install them
> > and go straight to generating the backtrace. I really should have filed
> > this before :/ Jiri, any ideas?
>
> We didn't do any changes to the debuginfo install code in the last few
> ABRT versions, so my first guess would be old packages installed on the
> system so the debuginfo no longer exists in the repository.

That doesn't seem to be it - it hasn't successfully installed any
debuginfos at all for any of my last few crashes, but debuginfo-install
has been able to.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey