Old 09-17-2010, 04:11 AM
Jon Masters

Default rawhide: upstart-sysvinit replacing systemd-sysvinit?

Hello,

I know, systemd got reverted for F-14. But unless I missed something,
the plan is/was to keep it the default for F-15, and in rawhide. This
means the package dependencies need to be different in rawhide please.

Jon.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Jon Masters

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 00:11 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> I know, systemd got reverted for F-14. But unless I missed something,
> the plan is/was to keep it the default for F-15, and in rawhide. This
> means the package dependencies need to be different in rawhide please.

Obviously, I just added "upstart-sysvinit" to my exclude yum config in
my own case, and that's a temporary way to work around this.

Jon.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Matthew Miller

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:11:37AM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> I know, systemd got reverted for F-14. But unless I missed something,
> the plan is/was to keep it the default for F-15, and in rawhide. This
> means the package dependencies need to be different in rawhide please.

Ditto.

At least this gives us some more testing of switching back and forth from
upstart.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org>

Old 09-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Bill Nottingham

Matthew Miller (mattdm@mattdm.org) said:
> > I know, systemd got reverted for F-14. But unless I missed something,
> > the plan is/was to keep it the default for F-15, and in rawhide. This
> > means the package dependencies need to be different in rawhide please.
>
> Ditto.

Will be fixed shortly.

Bill