Old 09-16-2010, 08:15 PM
John Reiser

Default who expands "$basearch/$releasever" ?

File pyanaconda/yuminstall.py contains a string literal:
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
as part of the prototype for a yum.conf file.

What and where is the mechanism to turn this into (for example)
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/x86_64/14

In some ways os.path.expandvars() would be a good candidate,
except I cannot find anything that puts "basearch=x86_64"
and "releasever=14" into the process environment. Also,
there aren't many invocations of os.path.expandvars().

Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 PM
"Brian C. Lane"

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 01:15:04PM -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> File pyanaconda/yuminstall.py contains a string literal:
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
> as part of the prototype for a yum.conf file.
>
> What and where is the mechanism to turn this into (for example)
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum/x86_64/14
>
> In some ways os.path.expandvars() would be a good candidate,
> except I cannot find anything that puts "basearch=x86_64"
> and "releasever=14" into the process environment. Also,
> there aren't many invocations of os.path.expandvars().

That is handled by yum, not by Anaconda. Look at your system's
/etc/yum.conf file and you will see the same thing.

--
Brian C. Lane / Anaconda Team
Port Orchard, WA (PST8PDT)