Old 09-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Dependency advice for /sbin/extlinux ?

syslinux recently split out a a subpackage syslinux-extlinux.
livecd-tools uses /sbin/extlinux in livecd-iso-to-disk.

My questiomn is it better to use requires on syslinux for F13 (and maybe
F12) and syslinux-extlinux going forward or should I require /sbin/extlinux
allowing the same spec file to be used on F13 as on F14+ and take the hit
of having to do a file check whenever livecd-tools is installed by yum?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Michal Schmidt

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:07:05 -0500 Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> My questiomn is it better to use requires on syslinux for F13 (and
> maybe F12) and syslinux-extlinux going forward or should I
> require /sbin/extlinux allowing the same spec file to be used on F13
> as on F14+ and take the hit of having to do a file check whenever
> livecd-tools is installed by yum?

Paths in /sbin (and /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin) do not take the hit.

Michal

Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 18:52:41 +0200,
Michal Schmidt <mschmidt@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:07:05 -0500 Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > My questiomn is it better to use requires on syslinux for F13 (and
> > maybe F12) and syslinux-extlinux going forward or should I
> > require /sbin/extlinux allowing the same spec file to be used on F13
> > as on F14+ and take the hit of having to do a file check whenever
> > livecd-tools is installed by yum?
>
> Paths in /sbin (and /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin) do not take the hit.

Thanks, then I'll I'll adjust the package to use the path as that seems
less likely to break going forward.