Old 07-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Chris Jones

Default @fedoraproject.org email alias

I have just joined as a member and co-maintainer of the Fedora Design
Suite. Apparently, as a member of the Fedora community I am entitled
to the email alias foxmulder881@fedoraproject.org. Whereas
foxmulder881 is my username. Now I can't for the life of me get the
email alias to work correctly and every time I send an email to that
address as a test, it bounces. What's going on or what am I doing
wrong?

Regards

--
Chris Jones
Photographic Imaging Professional and Graphic Designer

Photo Resolutions - Photo Printing, Editing and Restorations
Web: http://photoresolutions.freehostia.com
Email: <chrisjones@comcen.com.au> or <ubuntu_cj@comcen.com.au>

Old 07-02-2010, 01:17 PM
David Nalley

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Chris Jones <chrisjones@comcen.com.au> wrote:
> I have just joined as a member and co-maintainer of the Fedora Design
> Suite. Apparently, as a member of the Fedora community I am entitled
> to the email alias foxmulder881@fedoraproject.org. Whereas
> foxmulder881 is my username. Now I can't for the life of me get the
> email alias to work correctly and every time I send an email to that
> address as a test, it bounces. What's going on or what am I doing
> wrong?
>
> Regards

To get the email alias you have to be in a non-CLA group.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EmailAliases

Old 07-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Nicu Buculei

On 07/02/2010 04:17 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Chris Jones<chrisjones@comcen.com.au> wrote:
>> I have just joined as a member and co-maintainer of the Fedora Design
>> Suite. Apparently, as a member of the Fedora community I am entitled
>> to the email alias foxmulder881@fedoraproject.org. Whereas
>> foxmulder881 is my username. Now I can't for the life of me get the
>> email alias to work correctly and every time I send an email to that
>> address as a test, it bounces. What's going on or what am I doing
>> wrong?
>
> To get the email alias you have to be in a non-CLA group.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EmailAliases

I just added him to the Design Team group so his alias should start working.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Chris Jones

I just added him to the Design Team group so his alias should start working.

Thanks. Yes it is now working correctly.
Regards

--

Fedora Design Suite Developer and Co-Maintainer<foxmulder881@fedoraproject.org>
*