Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Adam Williamson

Default who is Petr Pisar from redhat ?

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 18:18 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> What would do if "John Doe" would apply for proven packager and write
> access to 1500 packages?
>
> Seriously, you'd likely tell him he's nuts.

Suggesting what you think would 'likely' happen seems a weak argument.
Can you cite an *actual* case of someone not-RH having a legitimate
reason to be allowed modification access to a large set of packages,
applying for such access, and being denied it?

If not, your allegations seem rather unfounded.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 07-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Chitlesh GOORAH

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 9:21 PM, seth vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> try to be excellent, please.
> -sv

Be excellent would be that guy to drop me a mail stating my package is
being updated to a new version. This is respect !

Similarly my package perl-perlilog is now part of RHEL-6, I haven't
got any email from its RH maintainer whether he cares to co-maintain
it with me on fedora as well. Where is that sense of friendship Fedora
once had ? This is disgusting !

I FULLY support Ralf Corsepius's comments.

Chitlesh

Old 07-06-2010, 08:37 PM
seth vidal

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 22:26 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 9:21 PM, seth vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > try to be excellent, please.
> > -sv
>
> Be excellent would be that guy to drop me a mail stating my package is
> being updated to a new version. This is respect !
>
> Similarly my package perl-perlilog is now part of RHEL-6, I haven't
> got any email from its RH maintainer whether he cares to co-maintain
> it with me on fedora as well. Where is that sense of friendship Fedora
> once had ? This is disgusting !

It's not a one way street. But if you follow the rest of the discussion
you'll see it wasn't a malicious action either.

I think you need to calm down.

> I FULLY support Ralf Corsepius's comments.

Then you SERIOUSLY need to take a step back from things.

-sv

Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Marcela Mašláňová

On 07/06/2010 10:26 PM, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> Similarly my package perl-perlilog is now part of RHEL-6, I haven't
> got any email from its RH maintainer whether he cares to co-maintain
> it with me on fedora as well. Where is that sense of friendship Fedora
> once had ? This is disgusting !

Firstly, I was surprised that in RHEL are some perl modules,
which I don't already own in Fedora. So I didn't check.
Secondly, I'm not him.

If you want, you can add me as a co-maintainer, but I prefer
check new bugs and changes in perl mailing list.

Regards,
Marcela