Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Hans de Goede

Default Headsup: soname changing ogre update on its way to F-8 and F-7

Hi all,

Unfortunately until now I have overlooked / missed the fact that ogre includes
its own private copy of GLEW and of a few OpenGL headers, both if which are
licensed under the not 100% free, SGI Free Software B and GLX Public License
licenses.

I've already pushed a version of ogre to rawhide with this fixed (its using the
system version of the OpenGL headers and GLEW (which is especially patched by
yours truly to not have the license problem) instead.

Ar request of Spot I'll also be pushing the devel version to Fedora-8 and -7
updates, I'll also be pushing a new version of the ogre using chess package (I
wish I wasn't so green when I packaged that and that I would have used a less
generic name) too.

AFAIK chess is the only user of ogre, I've verified this with repoquery:
[hans@localhost ~]$ repoquery -q --whatrequires 'libOgreMain-1.4.5.so()(64bit)'
chess-0:1.0-10.fc8.x86_64
ogre-0:1.4.5-1.fc8.x86_64
ogre-devel-0:1.4.5-1.fc8.x86_64
ogre-samples-0:1.4.5-1.fc8.x86_64
[hans@localhost ~]$

If you have an ogre using package in F-8, a simple rebuild should fix things,
notice that for F-7 we're going from 1.2.5 -> 1.4.6 , so thats not only an ABI
breakage but also an _API_ one, so a mere recompile won't fix this. If you
expect to be bitten by this please yell loudly asap.

Regards,

Hans

Old 01-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Ville Skyttä

On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Hans de Goede wrote:

> AFAIK chess is the only user of ogre, I've verified this with repoquery:
> [hans@localhost ~]$ repoquery -q --whatrequires
> 'libOgreMain-1.4.5.so()(64bit)'

That probably produced the correct list of packages in this particular case,
but generally an easier and better way is to use --alldeps to repoquery, like
repoquery --whatrequires --alldeps ogre