Old 06-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Ville Skyttä

Default Missing dependency already installed

On Monday 28 June 2010, Mohammed Morsi wrote:

> Note how it says 'rubygem-activesupport = 2.3.8' is required while
> rubygem-activesupport-2.3.8-1.fc13.noarch is installed.
[...]
> What could be the cause of this problem?

Maybe it's because rubygem-activesupport has a non-zero Epoch (at least the
2.3.5 one I see in F-13+updates repos has Epoch=1), and the dependency is an
Epochless one? The "rubygem-activesupport = 2.3.8" dependency is not
satisfied by "rubygem-activesupport = 1:2.3.8".

I see there's an Epochless rubygem(activesupport) Provides available in
rubygem-activesupport, so you could try this change in ruby-activerecord:

-Requires: rubygem-activesupport = 2.3.8
+Requires: rubygem(activesupport) = 2.3.8