Old 06-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Brandon Lozza

Default Feature, Fedora 14: Go Programming

Hi,

I'd like to recommend a Go compiler be included with Fedora 14. We
would have two options:

1) GCC-GO (Included in GCC 4.5?)

2) Google's Go Compiler. (One is made by Conrad Meyer, he mentioned it
wouldn't be too easy to add because goinstall basically wants root
privileges).

Benefits to Fedora

A garbage collected *compiled* language which aims to be as fast as C.
The applications it compiles doesn't require a runtime present to
work. It's comparable to Java and C# but with a lot of Python-like
features.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Brandon Lozza

No I have not actually, didn't know I had to. I saw some other feature
requests here. Could you help me do this?

Old 06-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Richard Jones

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 10:10:30AM -0400, Brandon Lozza wrote:
> A garbage collected *compiled* language which aims to be as fast as C.
> The applications it compiles doesn't require a runtime present to
> work. It's comparable to Java and C# but with a lot of Python-like
> features.

Sounds like OCaml :-)

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

Old 06-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Rakesh Pandit

2010/6/27 Brandon Lozza :
> No I have not actually, didn't know I had to. I saw some other feature
> requests here. Could you help me do this?

[..]

If you want to start this feature, here are helpful instructions (links - FAQs):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy

--
Rakesh Pandit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rakesh

Old 06-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Brandon Lozza

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Go_Programming
Here is the feature page

Old 06-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Brandon Lozza

I got it setup for the feature wrangler too

Old 07-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Brandon Lozza

http://www.pwnage.ca/dist/SRPMShttp://www.pwnage.ca/dist/RPMS
Working F13 packages are available if anyone wants to try or make comments on them. (Might not meet package guidelines yet)

Old 07-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Michel Alexandre Salim

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Brandon Lozza <brandon@pwnage.ca> wrote:
> http://www.pwnage.ca/dist/SRPMS
> http://www.pwnage.ca/dist/RPMS
> Working F13 packages are available if anyone wants to try or make comments
> on them. (Might not meet package guidelines yet)

Create review requests, Cc: me on them and I'll help get them
reviewed. This looks interesting.

Cheers,

--
Michel