Old 06-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Neal Becker

Default Feature 14: D programming

jonathan MERCIER wrote:

> hello,
> I would like to add a feature for F-14: D programming
> For this the needs are
> - D compiler
> - standard runtime library
>
> Fedora will take some benefit to increase its community of developers
> with the inclusion of this feature. And an easy way for people who want
> to try this language.
>
> Feature page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/D_Programming

It would be great if the runtime library could be built as a shared lib on
x86_64.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 PM
jonathan MERCIER

I said the same thing to irc chan #ldc #d #d.tango
And unfortunately all said this: "because D likes static, it is actually
a bit complicated to have shared lib"

Old 06-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Ben Boeckel

jonathan MERCIER <bioinfornatics@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
> I would like to add a feature for F-14: D programming
> For this the needs are
> - D compiler
> - standard runtime library
>
> Fedora will take some benefit to increase its community of developers
> with the inclusion of this feature. And an easy way for people who want
> to try this language.
>
> Feature page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/D_Programming

I'm interested. Some games I like playing and would be interested in
helping to get packaged up:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/gr_e.html
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/mcd_e.html

Other games listed under 'Windows' here:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/

The readme.txt says BSD license, so that's good. I tried them a couple
of years ago (at least 3) with gdc, so I'm unsure of ldc does.

--Ben

Old 06-27-2010, 03:41 PM
jonathan MERCIER

you are welcome

Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 PM
jonathan MERCIER

Peopke who want help this feature can edit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/D_Programming#Owner and add
name.information ...
Thanks for all

Old 06-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Neal Becker

jonathan MERCIER wrote:

> Peopke who want help this feature can edit
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/D_Programming#Owner and add
> name.information ...
> Thanks for all

If anyone would like to help with making a shared version of D runtime:

http://www.curoles.com/j/dso/dso.html

This is from recent discussion on digitalmars.D news feed, not sure how to
post a direct link to it.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
jonathan MERCIER

i will try do something for shared library but is in development for
linux, is very unstable. shared libray works only for osX. And we did'nt
use dmd compilateur but ldc. here ticket:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/ticket/857

shared library is for 1.0 (i hope)
kind regards

Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
jonathan MERCIER

feature release request is submit here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:FeatureReadyForWrangler

Old 07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Jonathan MERCIER

hi everybody
ldc compiler is in testing repos, i search some guy for test and
increase his karma thanks
link:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ldc-0.9.2-1.2.20100706hg1653.fc13

Old 07-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Orion Poplawski

On 07/15/2010 07:41 AM, Jonathan MERCIER wrote:
> hi everybody
> ldc compiler is in testing repos, i search some guy for test and
> increase his karma thanks
> link:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ldc-0.9.2-1.2.20100706hg1653.fc13

Is it possible to do anything useful with just ldc?

[orion@orca build]$ cat test.d
int main(char[][] args)
{return args.sizeof-1;}

[orion@orca build]$ ldc test.d
object.d: Error: module object cannot read file 'object.d'

Should ldc Require at runtime development library (tango?) like gcc Requires
glibc-devel?

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222