Old 06-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Moray Henderson

Default Rescue mode in non-graphical environment

In Centos 5.5 (anaconda-11.1.2.209), after setting up PACKAGESRESCUE to
contain a list of packages required for rescue mode, upd-instroot
contains the following code:

# turn off options we dont want, ie. set package list to something
harmless
if [ -z "$NEEDGR" ]; then
PACKAGESGR="bash"
PACKAGESRESCUE="bash"
fi

What is the reason that useful text-mode rescue utilities like dump,
less and ssh are dropped if we're not building a graphical installer?

Moray.
"To err is human.* To purr, feline"