Old 06-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Michel Alexandre Salim

Default Orphaning google-gadgets

Hi all,

I'm orphaning google-gadgets -- there are trivial crashing bugs (like
Miro before it switched away from xulrunner, the crashes do not
terminate the application itself, but in the age of abrt, do generate
a lot of spurious bug submissions).

The Gtk interface is otherwise in fine shape; the Qt interface has
never quite worked properly (the bounding box for gadgets never
appears).

jreznik is currently a co-maintainer and is interested in the Qt
interface; if you'd like to get involved, please coordinate with him
as to who gets to be the package owner.

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email: salimma@fedoraproject.org | GPG key ID: 78884778
Jabber: hircus@jabber.ccc.de | IRC: hircus@irc.freenode.net

Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Peter Robinson

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim
<michael.silvanus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm orphaning google-gadgets -- there are trivial crashing bugs (like
> Miro before it switched away from xulrunner, the crashes do not
> terminate the application itself, but in the age of abrt, do generate
> a lot of spurious bug submissions).
>
> The Gtk interface is otherwise in fine shape; the Qt interface has
> never quite worked properly (the bounding box for gadgets never
> appears).
>
> jreznik is currently a co-maintainer and is interested in the Qt
> interface; if you'd like to get involved, please coordinate with him
> as to who gets to be the package owner.

I'm happy to pick this up as there's a MeeGo interface now as well. I
would love to have co-maintainers for the QT stuff.

Peter

Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Peter Robinson

Old 06-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Thomas Janssen

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim
> <michael.silvanus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm orphaning google-gadgets -- there are trivial crashing bugs (like
>> Miro before it switched away from xulrunner, the crashes do not
>> terminate the application itself, but in the age of abrt, do generate
>> a lot of spurious bug submissions).
>>
>> The Gtk interface is otherwise in fine shape; the Qt interface has
>> never quite worked properly (the bounding box for gadgets never
>> appears).
>>
>> jreznik is currently a co-maintainer and is interested in the Qt
>> interface; if you'd like to get involved, please coordinate with him
>> as to who gets to be the package owner.
>
> I'm happy to pick this up as there's a MeeGo interface now as well. I
> would love to have co-maintainers for the QT stuff.

Well, as Michel wrote, there *is* already a co-maintainer for the Qt
part and you should coordinate with him who picks it up.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium

Old 06-23-2010, 02:12 PM