Old 06-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Sebastian Dziallas

Default Looking for Design Suite (Co-) Maintainers

Hi all,

I've been the maintainer of the Fedora Design Suite [1] for the past
release cycle [2], which has also been part of the F13 talking points
[3]. However, I'll be starting college at the end of the summer and
I'm suspecting that I might have a little less time then. Hence, I'm
looking at handing the Design Suite off. I'd be very happy to walk
people through the build process and to help in case trouble arises,
though.

Please drop me a line if you're interested (or ping me in IRC -- I'm
sdziallas there).

--Sebastian

[1] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/design/
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_Suite
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points#Spins

Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Chris Jones

I'd be interested if you're still after some help mate. Let me know.

Regards

--
Chris Jones
Photographic Imaging Professional and Graphic Designer

Photo Resolutions - Photo Printing, Editing and Restorations
Web: http://photoresolutions.freehostia.com

Email: <chrisjones@comcen.com.au>

Old 06-22-2010, 04:04 PM
P Papadeas

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian@when.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been the maintainer of the Fedora Design Suite [1] for the past
> release cycle [2], which has also been part of the F13 talking points
> [3]. However, I'll be starting college at the end of the summer and
> I'm suspecting that I might have a little less time then. Hence, I'm
> looking at handing the Design Suite off. I'd be very happy to walk
> people through the build process and to help in case trouble arises,
> though.
>
> Please drop me a line if you're interested (or ping me in IRC -- I'm
> sdziallas there).
>
> --Sebastian
>
> [1] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/design/
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_Suite
> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points#Spins

Thats the oportunity I was looking for!

Sebastian I will be more than happy to co-maintain the Design Suite as
I believe it has great potential for our community and for the Libre
Graphics community as well.

Count me in, and I will be in touch with you through IRC

--
Pierros Papadeas
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8

Old 06-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Cata

Very good idea , but
what kind of problems you think that it may appear ?

2010/6/22 Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian@when.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been the maintainer of the Fedora Design Suite [1] for the past
> release cycle [2], which has also been part of the F13 talking points
> [3]. However, I'll be starting college at the end of the summer and
> I'm suspecting that I might have a little less time then. Hence, I'm
> looking at handing the Design Suite off. I'd be very happy to walk
> people through the build process and to help in case trouble arises,
> though.
>
> Please drop me a line if you're interested (or ping me in IRC -- I'm
> sdziallas there).
>
> --Sebastian
>
> [1] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/design/
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_Suite
> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points#Spins

My sites:
http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me
http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials
http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog

Old 06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Sebastian Dziallas

2010/6/22 P Papadeas <ppapadeas@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian@when.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been the maintainer of the Fedora Design Suite [1] for the past
>> release cycle [2], which has also been part of the F13 talking points
>> [3]. However, I'll be starting college at the end of the summer and
>> I'm suspecting that I might have a little less time then. Hence, I'm
>> looking at handing the Design Suite off. I'd be very happy to walk
>> people through the build process and to help in case trouble arises,
>> though.
>>
>> Please drop me a line if you're interested (or ping me in IRC -- I'm
>> sdziallas there).
>>
>> --Sebastian
>>
>> [1] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/design/
>> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_Suite
>> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points#Spins
>
> Thats the oportunity I was looking for!
>
> Sebastian I will be more than happy to co-maintain the Design Suite as
> I believe it has great potential for our community and for the Libre
> Graphics community as well.
>
> Count me in, and I will be in touch with you through IRC

Hah, that *is* awesome!

I should probably make sure to lurk a little more in #fedora-design then...

Looking forward to talking to you so that we can discuss the next steps!

--Sebastian

Old 06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Sebastian Dziallas

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Cata <catalinfest@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very good idea , but
> what kind of problems you think that it may appear ?

Generally, as a spin, we need a maintainer for this, since packages
may break and testing has to happen. Since the spin itself has already
been approved, part of the leg-work has already been done. However,
taking this on /is/ a responsibility, given that spins are being
prominently featured.

--Sebastian

Old 06-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Nicu Buculei

On 06/24/2010 03:53 PM, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Cata<catalinfest@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Very good idea , but
>> what kind of problems you think that it may appear ?
>
> Generally, as a spin, we need a maintainer for this, since packages
> may break and testing has to happen. Since the spin itself has already
> been approved, part of the leg-work has already been done. However,
> taking this on /is/ a responsibility, given that spins are being
> prominently featured.

And more: the spin is not a set of packages set in stone, it has to
evolve, with other packages being added and probably some removed.

Is also a need to check the feedback from the users and verify if they
are happy with the vision and the product, if what we are doing is
useful and how it can be improved.