-   -   Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-06-22 at 19:30 UTC) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/389085-plan-tomorrows-fesco-meeting-2010-06-22-19-30-utc.html)

Kevin Fenzi 06-21-2010 09:30 PM

Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-06-22 at 19:30 UTC)

Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
meeting tomorrow at 19:30UTC (3:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
irc.freenode.net.

= Followups =

#topic #351 Create a policy for updates - status report on implementation
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351

#topic #382 Implementing Stable Release Vision
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/382

#topic #387 compile list of supported CPUs and reacto to recent loss of support for Geode LX on F13
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/387

= New business =

#topic #398 F14Feature: perl 5.12: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/perl5.12
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/398

#topic #399 F14Feature: Erlang R14: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Erlang_R14
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/399

#topic #400 F14Feature: AtSpiTwo https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AtSpiTwo
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/400

= Fedora Engineering Services tickets =

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/report/6

= Open Floor =

For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The
report of the agenda items can be found at
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9

If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco,
e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during
the open floor topic.

kevin

Adam Williamson 06-21-2010 10:43 PM

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 15:30 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
> meeting tomorrow at 19:30UTC (3:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
> irc.freenode.net.
>
> = Followups =
>
> #topic #351 Create a policy for updates - status report on implementation
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351

It occurred to me that QA may not have given you much if any feedback on
this for a while. I haven't followed the FESCo logs closely, but if it
helps as info for tomorrow's meeting, QA has been working on the proven
testers system. There is now a proven testers policy in place:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/JoinProvenTesters

and we are working on instructions for proven testers:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dafrito/Draft_proventesters_instructions

so things are progressing well on that side. As far as we can see, we're
now waiting on release engineering to 'flip the switch' in Bodhi so that
critpath package updates require proven tester feedback, as they did for
F13 prior to release. The mechanisms for the testing to actually happen
are now pretty much in place.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

James Laska 06-22-2010 07:51 PM

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 15:43 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 15:30 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
> > meeting tomorrow at 19:30UTC (3:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
> > irc.freenode.net.
> >
> > = Followups =
> >
> > #topic #351 Create a policy for updates - status report on implementation
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351
>
> It occurred to me that QA may not have given you much if any feedback on
> this for a while. I haven't followed the FESCo logs closely, but if it
> helps as info for tomorrow's meeting, QA has been working on the proven
> testers system. There is now a proven testers policy in place:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/JoinProvenTesters
>
> and we are working on instructions for proven testers:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dafrito/Draft_proventesters_instructions
>
> so things are progressing well on that side. As far as we can see, we're
> now waiting on release engineering to 'flip the switch' in Bodhi so that
> critpath package updates require proven tester feedback, as they did for
> F13 prior to release. The mechanisms for the testing to actually happen
> are now pretty much in place.

Thanks for the proventesters update Adam!

With regards to providing a public AutoQA instance ... thanks to the
infrastructure team, the public AutoQA instance is coming online. There
are a few more tasks needed to close this out, but it's progressing
nicely thanks to smooge and mmcgrath.

* https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2230
* https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2242

With regards to to automating the package update acceptance plan [1] ...
there continue to be a lot of moving parts. Progress is being TRAC'd
against several milestones. The initial focus is on the following
items:

* depcheck test and event watcher -
https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/autoqa%20depcheck
* Using disposable virtual guests as test clients -
https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/Virtualization
* Provide a front-end for viewing test results -
https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/Resultdb

Thanks,
James

[1]