-   -   possibly rough day in rawhide (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/389027-possibly-rough-day-rawhide.html)

Matthias Clasen 06-21-2010 07:01 PM

possibly rough day in rawhide

Just a quick warning:

I have built a glib update that affects some users of GDbus and other new apis. We'll try to get everything straightened out by tomorrow, but you never know...

Matthias

darrell pfeifer 06-21-2010 08:44 PM

possibly rough day in rawhide

Thanks for the warning (they really are appreciated).
I updated to koji from the last hour, just to be a bit insane.
With all the gnome and glib changes in place, gnome gets to the point of displaying the desktop icons. The panel never appears and the three desktop icons keep flashing rapidly, like it is trying to restart. ctl-alt-backspace doesn't kill *it.

.xsession-errors says
nm-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.
gnome-screensaver: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.gnome-volume-control-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.

(gnome-panel:3972): EggSMClient-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session manager: IO error occured opening connection
The application 'gnome-panel' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed----------------------------------------------------------

darrell