Old 06-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Alexander Boström

Default New Hatari version: need help

lör 2010-06-19 klockan 19:32 +0200 skrev Andrea Musuruane:

> I do not know how should I threat those internal libraries. How should
> I package them? Because upstream uses static libraries the dynamic
> versions cmake creates are not versioned.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Rpath_for_Internal_Libraries

/Alexander

Old 06-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Andrea Musuruane

2010/6/19 Alexander Boström <abo@root.snowtree.se>:
> lör 2010-06-19 klockan 19:32 +0200 skrev Andrea Musuruane:
>
>> I do not know how should I threat those internal libraries. How should
>> I package them? Because upstream uses static libraries the dynamic
>> versions cmake creates are not versioned.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Rpath_for_Internal_Libraries

I fail to see how this is relevant. Hatari do not use Rpath.

Regards,

Andrea.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Andrea Musuruane

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Chen Lei <supercyper1@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can open a RFE report against this package in bugzilla for review.

Can you point me to an example?

> For internal libs, if those libs are not libs from other project, you
> can simply use %cmake *-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF to avoid
> generation of those shlibs. Default place for python ui don't need
> change.

Internal libs are made by Hatari developers and therefore they haven't
a different upstream.

Thanks!

Andrea.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Dan Horák

Andrea Musuruane pÃ*Å¡e v Ne 20. 06. 2010 v 11:25 +0200:
> 2010/6/19 Alexander Boström <abo@root.snowtree.se>:
> > lör 2010-06-19 klockan 19:32 +0200 skrev Andrea Musuruane:
> >
> >> I do not know how should I threat those internal libraries. How should
> >> I package them? Because upstream uses static libraries the dynamic
> >> versions cmake creates are not versioned.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Rpath_for_Internal_Libraries
>
> I fail to see how this is relevant. Hatari do not use Rpath.

hatari could use %{_libdir}/hatari with a rpath set for the internal
parts built as shared libraries. The easiest way is to disable building
shared libs when calling cmake as suggested earlier.

Dan