Old 06-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Andrea Musuruane

Default New Hatari version: need help

Hi all,
a new version of Hatari has recently been released:
http://hatari.berlios.de/

The new version drops the old build system based on autotools and now
it only support cmake. An (optional) python GUI is now bundled with
the emulator. Moreover some static libraries have been introduced and
%cmake will output them as dynamic libraries because of
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON is defined in the macro itself.

I wonder if this package needs a new review request because of these changes.

I do not know how should I threat those internal libraries. How should
I package them? Because upstream uses static libraries the dynamic
versions cmake creates are not versioned.

The python UI by default places python files in
/usr/share/hatari/hatariui/. Is this acceptable or should I patch it
to place them in /usr/share/hatariui/ ?

Thanks in advance for you advices.

Regards,

Andrea.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Chen Lei

2010/6/20 Andrea Musuruane <musuruan@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> * * a new version of Hatari has recently been released:
> http://hatari.berlios.de/
>
> The new version drops the old build system based on autotools and now
> it only support cmake. An (optional) python GUI is now bundled with
> the emulator. Moreover some static libraries have been introduced and
> %cmake will output them as dynamic libraries because of
> -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON is defined in the macro itself.
>
> I wonder if this package needs a new review request because of these changes.
>
> I do not know how should I threat those internal libraries. How should
> I package them? Because upstream uses static libraries the dynamic
> versions cmake creates are not versioned.
>
> The python UI by default places python files in
> /usr/share/hatari/hatariui/. Is this acceptable or should I patch it
> to place them in /usr/share/hatariui/ ?
>
> Thanks in advance for you advices.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrea.
> --
You can open a RFE report against this package in bugzilla for review.

For internal libs, if those libs are not libs from other project, you
can simply use %cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF to avoid
generation of those shlibs. Default place for python ui don't need
change.

Chen Lei.