Old 06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Peter Lemenkov

Default Heads up! CouchDB 0.11.0 will soon hit Rawhide near you.

Hello All!

I don't aware of any incompatibilities, but, anyway, I would like to
warn you all. If everything will be OK, and no incompatibilities will
be found (or only easy-to-fix ones), then I'll consider upgrading
F-13 (and, perhaps, even F-12) too.

Note that EL-5 won't be upgraded from current 0.10.2 up to 0.11.x due to

a) EPEL policies
b) unsatisfied requirements for curl version

Any comments, suggestions and objections are highly welcome!

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Jeffrey Ollie

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't aware of any incompatibilities, but, anyway, I would like to
> warn you all. *If everything will be OK, and no incompatibilities will
> be found *(or only easy-to-fix ones), then I'll consider upgrading
> F-13 (and, perhaps, even F-12) too.

I tried updating my F-12 system to 0.11.x and had problems with Futon
when used in conjunction with DesktopCouch. I never really found a
resolution and switched back to 0.10.x.

--
Jeff Ollie

Old 06-18-2010, 05:28 AM
Peter Lemenkov

Hello!

2010/6/17 Jeffrey Ollie <jeff@ocjtech.us>:

> I tried updating my F-12 system to 0.11.x and had problems with Futon
> when used in conjunction with DesktopCouch. *I never really found a
> resolution and switched back to 0.10.x.

So sad, but I just confirmed this - there are obsolete required
libraries in both F-12 and F-13, and CouchDB doesn't even pass the
self-tests. So I gave up the idea to update CouchDB in F-12 and F-13 -
only Rawhide will be afected.

I also still hope to update couchdb up to 0.11.x in EL-6 (EL-5 will
remain untouched).

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.