System xulrunner Extensions?
On 01/16/2008 02:41 AM, Peter Gordon wrote:
On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 19:56 -0500, Christopher Aillon wrote:
* Tue Jan 15 2008 Christopher Aillon <firstname.lastname@example.org> 1.9-0.beta2.11
- Update to latest trunk (2008-01-15)
- Now with system extensions directory support
Just for my own curiosity, how complete is this system extensions
support? Can we now package, for example, Enigmail for Thunderbird or
AdBlock for Firefox as a system-level thing to make it a bit simpler for
For your own curiosity, you sure have a funny way of asking on a public
Yes, I wrote this support and pushed it upstream to be complete. I had
waited on committing to any Fedora branches until it made it upstream as
there was debate about the location name. However there are caveats:
* It will only work for applications based upon XULRunner. Meaning, not
* Packaging Guidelines are still being formulated, so be patient.
* It's noteworthy that many extensions do not have original sources
available or are under bizarre licenses which would eliminate them from
consideration for inclusion in Fedora.
* Most extensions are not yet compatible with Firefox 3.0 yet anyway, so
there's some time yet.
 I've already been in touch with a member or two of FPC to get this
started, but we aren't finished yet and as I'm travelling over the next
few days is unlikely to get done until next week some time.
fedora-devel-list mailing list