Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 PM
"Michał Bentkowski"

Default Global definitions ( Python Eggs and problem with %{python_sitelib})

15-01-08, Till Maas <opensource@till.name> napisał(a):
> You have to define it in the spec,

It's a good occasion to ask why. Why don't we define it globally?
A few more snippets can be found that would be good to already
defined. For example: everybody needs to type the same lines to update
gtk icon cache. Does anything stands in the way to define
%update_gtk_icon_cache globally?

--
Michał Bentkowski
mr.ecik@gmail.com

Old 01-16-2008, 02:10 AM
Ralf Corsepius

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 00:58 +0100, Michał Bentkowski wrote:
> 15-01-08, Till Maas <opensource@till.name> napisał(a):
> > You have to define it in the spec,
> >

> It's a good occasion to ask why. Why don't we define it globally?
> A few more snippets can be found that would be good to already
> defined. For example: everybody needs to type the same lines to update
> gtk icon cache. Does anything stands in the way to define
> %update_gtk_icon_cache globally?
Yes.

Once such rpm-macros are in, one can not get rid of them anymore.

Ralf