Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Sebastian Vahl

Default KDE-SIG weekly report (03/2008)

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
*to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 03/2008

Time: 2008-01-15 16:00 UTC

Meeting page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-01-15

Meeting log:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-01-15?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fedora-kde-sig-2008-01-15.txt

= Participants =

- DennisGilmore
- KevinKofler
- RexDieter
- SebastianVahl
- ThanNgo
- "fengshaun" (IRC-Nick)
- "No5251" (IRC-Nick)

= Agenda =

* feedback of kde-4.0.0 live image [1]
* preparing for Fedora 9 Alpha [2]
* swfdec is proposed to be installed by default in Gnome spin. What about
konqueror? [3,4]
* KDE 4.0.0 at kde-redhat.org: Useful to get testers or too much work?

= Summary =

o feedback of kde-4.0.0 live image
- good feedback:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-January/msg01754.html [5]
- should be verified which problems should go upstream and which ones to our
bugzilla
- we should try to test vesa support and get a testing matrix up (it seems to
run on some machines and on some not)
- Everyone with an intel graphics card should test the livecd with
xdriver=vesa
- RexDieter will also set up a torrent for the livecd

o preparing for Fedora 9 Alpha
- problems with kde-l10n/kde-i18n should be sorted out until the alpha freeze
(conflicts between kde3 and kde4)
- ThanNgo will take care about that
- decision about alternative menu as default was postponed to kde-4.0.1 (it
was implemented last minute in kde-4.0.0 and isn't configurable (yet))

o swfdec is proposed to be installed by default in Gnome spin. What about
konqueror? (1)
- swfdec-konqueror was only initially imported but no further commits were
done
- Klash (the kpart of gnash) should also be verified but must be ported to
kde4
- We'll add "finding a flash solution" to our todo list for F9

o KDE 4.0.0 at kde-redhat.org: Useful to get testers or too much work?
- RexDieter will work on getting kde-4.0.0 into kde-redhat-unstable for Fedora
8

o Open discussion
- SebastianVahl is thinking about replacing kaffeine with dragonplayer on the
live images. But the latter lacks some features in comparison to kaffeine
- Okteta finally got a reviewer
- Quarticurve-KWin's review is mostly finished
- RahulSanduram is thinking about writing an article on KDE 4 for Red Hat
Magazine and asked for generall interest and possible reviewers.

= Next Meeting =

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-01-22

= Links =

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2008-January/msg00145.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule
[3]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2008-January/msg00075.html
[4] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/swfdec/2007-July/000419.html
[5] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-January/msg01754.html

Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 PM
"Andrew Parker"

2008/1/15 Sebastian Vahl <ml@deadbabylon.de>:
> - we should try to test vesa support and get a testing matrix up (it seems to
> run on some machines and on some not)
> - Everyone with an intel graphics card should test the livecd with
> xdriver=vesa

I have a laptop with an intel GM965/GL960 graphics card, but I'm not
sure what the xdriver=vesa is supposed to be fixing.

I get the same results when using xdriver=vesa and without. i.e. the
text during rhgb is corrupted on both the progress bar view and the
details view. KDE is fine with or without vesa though.

Is there something else that I should be looking for?