Old 01-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Marcin Zajączkowski

Default Python Eggs and problem with %{python_sitelib}

Hi,

Recently I was updating my python package in rawhide to be compatible
with Python Eggs and from an error in a log it seems that
%{python_sitelib} is not declared.
Is it really required to define that variable at the beginning of every
SPEC file (eventually use %{_libdir}/python*/site-packages/) or it
should be already defined in the system?

Sample log:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=351446&name=build.log

Regards
Marcin

Old 01-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Jesse Keating

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:44:12 +0100
Marcin Zajączkowski <mszpak@wp.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently I was updating my python package in rawhide to be compatible
> with Python Eggs and from an error in a log it seems that
> %{python_sitelib} is not declared.
> Is it really required to define that variable at the beginning of
> every SPEC file (eventually use %{_libdir}/python*/site-packages/) or
> it should be already defined in the system?
>
> Sample log:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=351446&name=build.log

Python specs should have one of either python_sitelib or
python_sitearch defined at the top of them. See the guidelines for
python packages. Use of one or the other depends on if your module is
arch specific (compiled) or not.

--
Jesse Keating

Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Till Maas

On Tue January 15 2008, Marcin Zajączkowski wrote:

> Is it really required to define that variable at the beginning of every
> SPEC file (eventually use %{_libdir}/python*/site-packages/) or it
> should be already defined in the system?

You have to define it in the spec,

regards,
Till

Old 01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Marcin Zajączkowski

On 2008-01-15 22:47, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:44:12 +0100
> Marcin Zajączkowski <mszpak@wp.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently I was updating my python package in rawhide to be compatible
>> with Python Eggs and from an error in a log it seems that
>> %{python_sitelib} is not declared.
>> Is it really required to define that variable at the beginning of
>> every SPEC file (eventually use %{_libdir}/python*/site-packages/) or
>> it should be already defined in the system?
>>
>> Sample log:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=351446&name=build.log
>
> Python specs should have one of either python_sitelib or
> python_sitearch defined at the top of them. See the guidelines for
> python packages. Use of one or the other depends on if your module is
> arch specific (compiled) or not.

Thanks for both your answers. I looked only at Python Eggs guide and
missed info in common Python hints.

Regards
Marcin