Old 06-07-2010, 09:25 PM
mike cloaked

Default Lightspark and Fedora?

Has anyone been tinkering with Lightspark in Fedora
(http://www.osnews.com/story/23333/Lightspark_Reaches_Beta_Status
and http://lightspark.sourceforge.net/ )

Seems interesting even if there is a way to go yet before it is really usable!

--
mike c

Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Peter Robinson

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone been tinkering with Lightspark in Fedora
> (http://www.osnews.com/story/23333/Lightspark_Reaches_Beta_Status
> and http://lightspark.sourceforge.net/ )
>
> Seems interesting even if there is a way to go yet before it is really usable!

I've been playing with it locally. It requires ffmpeg so in its
current state would never make it into Fedora. I'm looking at
rpmfusion as a possibility. But it doesn't currently compile on
F-13/F-14.

Peter

Old 06-08-2010, 07:01 AM
mike cloaked

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone been tinkering with Lightspark in Fedora
>> (http://www.osnews.com/story/23333/Lightspark_Reaches_Beta_Status
>> and http://lightspark.sourceforge.net/ )
>>
>> Seems interesting even if there is a way to go yet before it is really usable!
>
> I've been playing with it locally. It requires ffmpeg so in its
> current state would never make it into Fedora. I'm looking at
> rpmfusion as a possibility. But it doesn't currently compile on
> F-13/F-14.
>
> Peter

Thanks - shame it is not yet in a ready state - but maybe this will
become more promising in time.
--
mike c