Old 06-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Julian Aloofi

Default Orphaning diveintopython

I have taken over diveintopython a couple of weeks ago, expecting it to
be pretty easily-maintainable as the book changes very rarely.
Well, looks like I was wrong.
The build process has recently been patched to use xalan-j because saxon
dropped XSLT 1.0 support as far as I understand, and it involves quite a
bit of ant and XML magic.
I don't have much experience in these fields, so I thought I'd better
orphan the package right away before trying to mess with it too much.
It currently FTBFS in Rawhide.

So, I've released ownership of it in pkgdb, feel free to take it if you
think you can fix the build process.

Julian

Old 06-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Chris Jones

Yeah I considered taking it over myself when it was first put up for offer. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it could be quite hands-on considering the constant evolution of the python code. At least you realized this early and was able to offer it up to someone who may be able to take care of it better than yourself. Good move.

Regards

--
Chris Jones
Photographic Imaging Professional and Graphic Designer

Photo Resolutions - Photo Printing, Editing and Restorations
Web: http://photoresolutions.freehostia.com

Email: <chrisjones@comcen.com.au>