FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Michel Alexandre Salim
 
Default initscripts-9.12-1.fc13 update not installable

The update conflicts with NetworkManager; there is a NetworkManager
build for F13 from a few days after initscripts was build that, for
some reason, was never pushed as an update:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=172856

Are these two updates supposed to go together? I downloaded all of
them and rpm --test seems to suggest they would install just fine.

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email: salimma@fedoraproject.org | GPG key ID: 78884778
Jabber: hircus@jabber.ccc.de | IRC: hircus@irc.freenode.net

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default initscripts-9.12-1.fc13 update not installable

Michel Alexandre Salim (michael.silvanus@gmail.com) said:
> The update conflicts with NetworkManager; there is a NetworkManager
> build for F13 from a few days after initscripts was build that, for
> some reason, was never pushed as an update:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=172856
>
> Are these two updates supposed to go together? I downloaded all of
> them and rpm --test seems to suggest they would install just fine.

They're both in the final release, which is why it's not in updates.

Bill
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Michel Alexandre Salim
 
Default initscripts-9.12-1.fc13 update not installable

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
> Michel Alexandre Salim (michael.silvanus@gmail.com) said:
>> The update conflicts with NetworkManager; there is a NetworkManager
>> build for F13 from a few days after initscripts was build that, for
>> some reason, was never pushed as an update:
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=172856
>>
>> Are these two updates supposed to go together? I downloaded all of
>> them and rpm --test seems to suggest they would install just fine.
>
> They're both in the final release, which is why it's not in updates.
>
Interesting -- on my x86_64 system, which is upgraded to F-13 final
from a beta install, I have the update problem described, while on a
fresh F-13 i686 install on my netbook, there's no problem.

Here are the x86_64 package versions:

$ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
NetworkManager-0.8.0-0.4.git20100211.fc13.x86_64
initscripts-9.11-1.fc13.x86_64

and on the netbook:

$ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
NetworkManager-0.8.1-0.1.git20100510.fc13.i686
initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.i686

I tried updating with the updates repo disabled, but for some reason
NM-0.8.1 is not picked up despite it being in the mirrors:

$ sudo yum --disablerepo=updates update initscripts NetworkManager
...
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package initscripts.x86_64 0:9.12-1.fc13 set to be updated
--> Processing Conflict: initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.x86_64 conflicts
NetworkManager < 1:0.8.0-12.git20100504
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: initscripts conflicts with NetworkManager
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

Any idea what could be causing this? If I try updating just
NetworkManager, I get "No Packages marked for Update"

Thanks,

--
Michel
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Michel Alexandre Salim
 
Default initscripts-9.12-1.fc13 update not installable

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim
<michael.silvanus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are the x86_64 package versions:
>
> $ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
> NetworkManager-0.8.0-0.4.git20100211.fc13.x86_64
> initscripts-9.11-1.fc13.x86_64
>
> and on the netbook:
>
> $ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
> NetworkManager-0.8.1-0.1.git20100510.fc13.i686
> initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.i686
>
> I tried updating with the updates repo disabled, but for some reason
> NM-0.8.1 is not picked up despite it being in the mirrors:
>
> $ sudo yum --disablerepo=updates update initscripts NetworkManager
> ...
> Setting up Update Process
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package initscripts.x86_64 0:9.12-1.fc13 set to be updated
> --> Processing Conflict: initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.x86_64 conflicts
> NetworkManager < 1:0.8.0-12.git20100504
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: initscripts conflicts with NetworkManager
> *You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
>
> Any idea what could be causing this? If I try updating just
> NetworkManager, I get "No Packages marked for Update"
>
So I downloaded the F-13 0.8.1-0.1.git20100510 packages, and tried a
'yum localupdate' -- and surprisingly get a "Nothing to do" response
from yum. Both the 0.8.0-0.4 from the prerelease and the final
0.8.1-0.1 have epoch set to 1, but for some reason yum thinks 0.8.0 >
0.8.1.

Getting more puzzling than ever. rpm -Uvh --test agrees with yum in
this case, that there is nothing to upgrade.

yum downgrade NetworkManager-0.8.1-0.1.git20100510.fc13 claims the
package does not exist, and rpm -Uvh --oldpackage does not do anything
either. *Very* odd.

--
Michel
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-08-2010, 04:14 AM
James Antill
 
Default initscripts-9.12-1.fc13 update not installable

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 00:42 +0200, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim
> <michael.silvanus@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here are the x86_64 package versions:
> >
> > $ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
> > NetworkManager-0.8.0-0.4.git20100211.fc13.x86_64
> > initscripts-9.11-1.fc13.x86_64
> >
> > and on the netbook:
> >
> > $ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
> > NetworkManager-0.8.1-0.1.git20100510.fc13.i686
> > initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.i686
> >
> > I tried updating with the updates repo disabled, but for some reason
> > NM-0.8.1 is not picked up despite it being in the mirrors:
> >
> > $ sudo yum --disablerepo=updates update initscripts NetworkManager
> > ...
> > Setting up Update Process
> > Resolving Dependencies
> > --> Running transaction check
> > ---> Package initscripts.x86_64 0:9.12-1.fc13 set to be updated
> > --> Processing Conflict: initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.x86_64 conflicts
> > NetworkManager < 1:0.8.0-12.git20100504
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: initscripts conflicts with NetworkManager
> > You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
> >
> > Any idea what could be causing this? If I try updating just
> > NetworkManager, I get "No Packages marked for Update"
> >
> So I downloaded the F-13 0.8.1-0.1.git20100510 packages, and tried a
> 'yum localupdate' -- and surprisingly get a "Nothing to do" response
> from yum. Both the 0.8.0-0.4 from the prerelease and the final
> 0.8.1-0.1 have epoch set to 1, but for some reason yum thinks 0.8.0 >
> 0.8.1.

What does: "yum list NetworkManager" say?

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Michel Alexandre Salim
 
Default initscripts-9.12-1.fc13 update not installable

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim
<michael.silvanus@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Michel Alexandre Salim (michael.silvanus@gmail.com) said:
>>> The update conflicts with NetworkManager; there is a NetworkManager
>>> build for F13 from a few days after initscripts was build that, for
>>> some reason, was never pushed as an update:
>>>
>>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=172856
>>>
>>> Are these two updates supposed to go together? I downloaded all of
>>> them and rpm --test seems to suggest they would install just fine.
>>
>> They're both in the final release, which is why it's not in updates.
>>
> Interesting -- on my x86_64 system, which is upgraded to F-13 final
> from a beta install, I have the update problem described, while on a
> fresh F-13 i686 install on my netbook, there's no problem.
>
> Here are the x86_64 package versions:
>
> $ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
> NetworkManager-0.8.0-0.4.git20100211.fc13.x86_64
> initscripts-9.11-1.fc13.x86_64
>
> $ sudo yum --disablerepo=updates update initscripts NetworkManager
> ...
> Setting up Update Process
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package initscripts.x86_64 0:9.12-1.fc13 set to be updated
> --> Processing Conflict: initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.x86_64 conflicts
> NetworkManager < 1:0.8.0-12.git20100504
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: initscripts conflicts with NetworkManager
> *You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
>
Update works fine with rpm -Uvh -- I filed a bug against yum:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=602375

--
Michel
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Seth Vidal
 
Default initscripts-9.12-1.fc13 update not installable

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

>> $ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
>> NetworkManager-0.8.0-0.4.git20100211.fc13.x86_64
>> initscripts-9.11-1.fc13.x86_64
>>
>> $ sudo yum --disablerepo=updates update initscripts NetworkManager

run:

sudo yum --disablerepo=updates list initscripts NetworkManager*

and add that to the bug report

yum attempts to update the conflicting pkg(s) to get out of a conflicts
errror. If there are NetworkManager updates available, then let's see
them.

IN THE BUG REPORT.

I'm getting tired of fielding bugs on the mailing list AND in bugzilla.

-sv

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org