Old 01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Farkas Levente

Default hdX vs sdX on RHEL 5.x with ata_piix

hi,
on rhel 5.x and fedora 6 there are hdX and sdX while from fedora 7 (and
probably rhel 6.x) there will be only sdX. is it possible with the
latest rhel kernel to use the same ata_piix driver to handle all disk
(ie. both pata and sata) so we've only sdX disk devices like it's the
current setup on newer fedora release. we try to disable ide0=noprobe
etc. which really disable hdX but even if the kernel load the ata_piix
driver it's still not load these disks.
thanks in advance.

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"