Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Richard Zidlicky

Default timevariant GUI elements ( systemd (Was tmpfs for strategic directories))

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 11:25:56AM +0200, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> >> In recent times some stupid (IMHO) ideas have been adopted in Linux
> >> just to copy what others do. Just as examples: the control of desktop
> >> widgets in KDE4 (functional GUI elements modified by a mouse-over???),
> >
> > I only know of 2 plasmoids triggering actions on mouse-over:
>
> Sorry, I didn't manage to explain me well.
> I'm referring to the vertical bar which popups at the left of right
> of _every_ plasmoid. The thing with the close button and which you can
> drag around to move the plasmoid.

yes, found that also very confusing in the beginning. You realise that you can
get rid of those when you lock the widgets (there is a shortcut for that).
Locking the widgets has other disadvantages, like you cant drag anything
onto desktop so you need to remember to unlock it. Which is the biggest
problem I have with this feature.

Richard