Old 01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Stefan Grosse

Default Kernel halt problem with Cinergy T2 dvb device

Hi,

another problem:

I am not sure whether this belongs into this devel-group.

My computer does not shut down completely when the cinergy T2 dvb device (usb)
is plugged in. The shutdown process stops at halting the system. The display
is (in most cases) switched off but the leds are still on and the fan is
still working.

Now when unplug the device even during the shutdown process the system is
shutting down completely.

Now is this a kernel bug? I was hoping from kernel update to kernel update
that this is fixed. (although I havent tried the 24 development kernels yet).

What can I provide (and where should I do this) to get this fixed? (I am not a
programmer)

Stefan

My smolt profile:
http://www.smolts.org/show?UUID=eda324cc-2c30-4f7c-9523-92e6c13aa4b0