FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Frank Murphy
 
Default New gnome-color-manager release in rawhide

On 03/06/10 10:09, Richard Hughes wrote:
> I've just built a new gnome-color-manager release for rawhide:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2226766
>

--snip--

Have now got a segfault on this,
but as I use XFCE am uncertain where to file bz.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Richard Hughes
 
Default New gnome-color-manager release in rawhide

On 5 June 2010 10:32, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have now got a segfault on this,
> but as I use XFCE am uncertain where to file bz.

If you've got a nice backtrace, please post it to the mailing list
(we're a nice bunch really) with instructions on how you triggered it.
Thanks.

Richard.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Frank Murphy
 
Default New gnome-color-manager release in rawhide

On 05/06/10 14:34, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 5 June 2010 10:32, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have now got a segfault on this,
>> but as I use XFCE am uncertain where to file bz.
>
> If you've got a nice backtrace, please post it to the mailing list
> (we're a nice bunch really) with instructions on how you triggered it.
> Thanks.
>
> Richard.

This mailing list?
I can give a link, "valgrind gnome-color-manager"
as abrt didn't kick in. Can also do a gdb
with any specified switches.

http://www.frankly3d.com/valgrind-gcm

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Richard Hughes
 
Default New gnome-color-manager release in rawhide

On 5 June 2010 14:43, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> This mailing list?

Sorry, I should have been more clear:
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-color-manager-list

> I can give a link, "valgrind gnome-color-manager"
> as abrt didn't kick in. Can also do a gdb
> with any specified switches.

That looks like a GSettings / dconf bug. I would appreciate it if you
could try rebuilding the rpms here for glib2 and dconf (if they are
newer than what you have in rawhide):
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/13/SRPMS/

Richard.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Bastien Nocera
 
Default New gnome-color-manager release in rawhide

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 15:41 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 5 June 2010 14:43, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This mailing list?
>
> Sorry, I should have been more clear:
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-color-manager-list
>
> > I can give a link, "valgrind gnome-color-manager"
> > as abrt didn't kick in. Can also do a gdb
> > with any specified switches.
>
> That looks like a GSettings / dconf bug.

That's probably the crasher I got last week in gnome-bluetooth. If the
dconf DB is empty, then you'd get a crasher. The fix is unfortunately
not easily backportable, so I didn't pull the fix into dconf in rawhide.

Will have to wait for the next release.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=620376

> I would appreciate it if you
> could try rebuilding the rpms here for glib2 and dconf (if they are
> newer than what you have in rawhide):
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/13/SRPMS/

Cheers

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Frank Murphy
 
Default New gnome-color-manager release in rawhide

On 05/06/10 15:41, Richard Hughes wrote:
--snip--
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/13/SRPMS/
>
> Richard.

Both rebuilt on my x86_64 Rawhide
also rebuilt gcm to suit
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=176385

Now does what it's asked.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Richard Hughes
 
Default New gnome-color-manager release in rawhide

On 8 June 2010 16:11, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> Both rebuilt on my x86_64 Rawhide
> also rebuilt gcm *to suit
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=176385

I've built a git snapshot of dconf and it should be in rawhide tomorrow.

Richard.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:18 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org