Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Marcela Mašláňová

Default rebuild of packages dependent on perl

Hello maintainers,
I started rebuild of packages dependent on perl. At the moment are
packages rebuilt in
test buildroot dist-f14-perltest. It's quite possible that some will
fail with new perl-5.12.0.
If your package didn't pass rebuild, we (Perl-SIG) will be happy if you
fix it by yourself. If you can't, don't panic. We'll be looking at
packages, which didn't pass. Also you can ask for help at:
perl-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org

The main changes in perl are mentioned at:
http://perldoc.perl.org/5.12.0/perldelta.html

Regards,
Marcela
389-ds-base
ack
amanda
asterisk
backup-manager
clamtk
claws-mail-plugins
clive
cluster
code2html
conmux
cpan-upload
crypto-utils
cyrus-imapd
dahdi-tools
dnssec-tools
docbook2X
dxcc
epylog
exim
fcgi
foomatic
freeradius
frozen-bubble
gg2
gitolite
globus-common
globus-gram-job-manager-scripts
globus-gram-protocol
gnumeric
gpsdrive
GraphicsMagick
graphviz
grepmail
grid-packaging-tools
gscan2pdf
hyperestraier
ikiwiki
ImageMagick
imvirt
inkscape
inn
innotop
irssi
JSDoc
krazy2
lcgdm
libconcord
liboping
libprelude
libpreludedb
maatkit
mailgraph
mapserver
mod_perlite
mr
munin
MySQL-zrm
nagios
NaturalDocs
netcdf-perl
net-snmp
nginx
nocpulse-common
ocaml-cil
ocaml-perl4caml
ocsinventory
ocsinventory-agent
OpenIPMI
openser
opensips
openwsman
p0rn-comfort
pacemaker
pcsc-perl
Perlbal
perlbrew
pgp-tools
pidgin
pilot-link
pisg
po4a
postgresql
publican
qdbm
queuegraph
remctl
remoot
renrot.2
rpmconf
rpmorphan
rrdtool
rxvt-unicode
samba4
skf
smbldap-tools
spamassassin
Sprog
stfl
subversion
suck
swatch
sysusage
uuid
vim
virt-v2v
xchat
xchat-gnome
xfconf
xls2csv
xmms2
Zim
zinnia
zoneminder

Old 06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Chen Lei

2010/6/1 Marcela Mašláňová <mmaslano@redhat.com>:
> Hello maintainers,
> I started rebuild of packages dependent on perl. At the moment are packages
> rebuilt in
> test buildroot dist-f14-perltest. It's quite possible that some will fail
> with new perl-5.12.0.
> If your package didn't pass rebuild, we (Perl-SIG) will be happy if you fix
> it by yourself. If you can't, don't panic. We'll be looking at packages,
> which didn't pass. Also you can ask for help at:
> perl-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> The main changes in perl are mentioned at:
> http://perldoc.perl.org/5.12.0/perldelta.html
>
> Regards,
> Marcela

Will we have perl 5.12.1 in F14 since it was released several weeks ago?

Regards,
Chen Lei

Old 06-01-2010, 07:40 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 02:49:52PM +0200, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> If your package didn't pass rebuild, we (Perl-SIG) will be happy if you
> fix it by yourself. If you can't, don't panic. We'll be looking at
> packages, which didn't pass. Also you can ask for help at:
> perl-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org

If anyone fancies having a go at fixing perl4caml .. Debian reported
a bug compiling this with Perl 5.12 already:

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top

Old 06-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Marcela Mašláňová

On 06/01/2010 07:08 PM, Chen Lei wrote:
> 2010/6/1 Marcela Mašláňová<mmaslano@redhat.com>:
>
>> Hello maintainers,
>> I started rebuild of packages dependent on perl. At the moment are packages
>> rebuilt in
>> test buildroot dist-f14-perltest. It's quite possible that some will fail
>> with new perl-5.12.0.
>> If your package didn't pass rebuild, we (Perl-SIG) will be happy if you fix
>> it by yourself. If you can't, don't panic. We'll be looking at packages,
>> which didn't pass. Also you can ask for help at:
>> perl-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
>>
>> The main changes in perl are mentioned at:
>> http://perldoc.perl.org/5.12.0/perldelta.html
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marcela
>>
>> --
>>

> Will we have perl 5.12.1 in F14 since it was released several weeks ago?
>
> Regards,
> Chen Lei

If everything will be working as expected, then yes. I've already
created page for perl as F-14 feature:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/perl5.12

Marcela

Old 06-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Iain Arnell

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:

> If anyone fancies having a go at fixing perl4caml .. *Debian reported
> a bug compiling this with Perl 5.12 already:

It seems simplest to pretend that SVt_RV still exists on the caml
side; attached patch will do just that.

--
Iain.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 02:25:17PM +0200, Iain Arnell wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > If anyone fancies having a go at fixing perl4caml .. *Debian reported
> > a bug compiling this with Perl 5.12 already:

> It seems simplest to pretend that SVt_RV still exists on the caml
> side; attached patch will do just that.

Thanks Iain, I've pushed this upstream.