Old 06-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Andre Robatino

Default using DAG's (or some other) zsync for test releases

I downloaded DAG's EL5 x86_64 RPM for zsync from

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/zsync/

and installed on x86_64 F13. There were no extra dependencies required,
so I just used rpm -Uvh to install. It seems to work fine. Would it be
acceptable to use a third-party version such as this to produce and post
.zsync files when a new TC/RC is available? Having zsync would allow
testers to generate the install CD set from the install DVD without
significant extra downloading, meaning more testing for split media. I
wrote a simple howto on using rsync for this:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Draft:Converting_Between_Install_Disc_Sets_Using_R sync

and the same procedure would work using zsync, if it was available for
test releases. Right now it can only be used for what's on the main
mirrors (Alpha, Beta, Final), since some of those provide rsync.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Andre Robatino

On second thought, I should have posted this to the test list, so I forwarded it
there. Sorry.