Old 05-31-2010, 05:57 AM
Ville Skyttä

Default libmodplug soname bump coming in rawhide

Hello,

I'll be pushing libmodplug 0.8.8.1 which comes with a soname bump to rawhide
soon. Affected (binary) packages in Fedora:

gstreamer-plugins-bad-free
modplugplay
qmmp
SDL_sound
xine-lib
xmms2
xmms-modplug

I'll be taking care of the rebuilds where ACLs allow. I've verified that all
of the above build fine without changes with the new libmodplug, and all of
them also continued to play mod files in my quick earlier tests (with 0.8.8
which is practically the same as 0.8.8.1 except the soname bump), except xmms2
from which I couldn't get any sound with mod files but then again I'm not sure
if I tried to use it correctly and it could be that I just missed something;
its maintainers may want to take a closer look.

Packages likely affected in rpmfusion (I haven't tested these):

cmus
mpd
vlc-core

Some discussion about version 0.8.8 with upstream which lead to the soname
bump in 0.8.8.1:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=101275&aid=2983328&group_id=1275