Old 05-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Valent Turkovic

Default Meego in Fedora repos?

Hi,
just wondering is there a plan to have Meego packages in Fedora repos?
Fedora has been really fast to include latest Moblin packages so will
this continue or have you decided to drop Meego from Fedora repos?

Cheers.

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
blog: http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com

Old 05-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Peter Robinson

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> just wondering is there a plan to have Meego packages in Fedora repos?
> Fedora has been really fast to include latest Moblin packages so will
> this continue or have you decided to drop Meego from Fedora repos?

Its under review. I'm waiting for a few upstream updates that need to
hit as part of the gnome 2.31.2 release. There's a few new packages,
some renames but most of it should be in the repos in the not to
distant future. I'll post updates to the mini@l.fp.o mailing list as
things start to move.

Peter

Old 05-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Chen Lei

2010/5/30 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Valent Turkovic
>
> Its under review. I'm waiting for a few upstream updates that need to
> hit as part of the gnome 2.31.2 release. There's a few new packages,
> some renames but most of it should be in the repos in the not to
> distant future. I'll post updates to the mini@l.fp.o mailing list as
> things start to move.
>
> Peter
> --
Will meego spin include both netbook and handset packages from meego?

Old 05-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Peter Robinson

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Chen Lei <supercyper1@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/5/30 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Valent Turkovic
>>
>> Its under review. I'm waiting for a few upstream updates that need to
>> hit as part of the gnome 2.31.2 release. There's a few new packages,
>> some renames but most of it should be in the repos in the not to
>> distant future. I'll post updates to the mini@l.fp.o mailing list as
>> things start to move.
>>
>> Peter
>> --
> Will meego spin include both netbook and handset packages from meego?

Not decided about the handset side of things yet. The vast majority of
the components from "MeeGo Core" are already in rawhide (and F-13 for
that matter). Most of the Netbook UX stuff is. Some of the handset
stuff can't yet compile on rawhide due to newer QT components but
it'll be a couple of months before we see most of the handset UI
components so there's no point looking at it until that point in time.

Peter

Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Kevin Kofler

Peter Robinson wrote:
> Not decided about the handset side of things yet. The vast majority of
> the components from "MeeGo Core" are already in rawhide (and F-13 for
> that matter). Most of the Netbook UX stuff is. Some of the handset
> stuff can't yet compile on rawhide due to newer QT components but
> it'll be a couple of months before we see most of the handset UI
> components so there's no point looking at it until that point in time.

If you need any help on the Qt side, please contact us at the KDE SIG, we'll
help you out with it.

I'll note that we already have Qt 4.7 Beta in Rawhide and will import
RC/final stuff once it's ready. (We could also import a git snapshot if
really needed.) I presume you'll also need Qt Mobility packaged and
imported? Is there anything else you need from Qt?

Kevin Kofler

Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Peter Robinson

Hi Kevin,

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@chello.at> wrote:
> Peter Robinson wrote:
>> Not decided about the handset side of things yet. The vast majority of
>> the components from "MeeGo Core" are already in rawhide (and F-13 for
>> that matter). Most of the Netbook UX stuff is. Some of the handset
>> stuff can't yet compile on rawhide due to newer QT components but
>> it'll be a couple of months before we see most of the handset UI
>> components so there's no point looking at it until that point in time.
>
> If you need any help on the Qt side, please contact us at the KDE SIG, we'll
> help you out with it.
>
> I'll note that we already have Qt 4.7 Beta in Rawhide and will import
> RC/final stuff once it's ready. (We could also import a git snapshot if
> really needed.) I presume you'll also need Qt Mobility packaged and
> imported? Is there anything else you need from Qt?

Thanks for the offer. The initial release of qt-mobility seems to need
4.6.x and does compile against the Qt in Fedora. I presume they'll
bring it up to support 4.7 sometime before long. I'm still reviewing
the requirements so I'm not exactly sure what they are but I'll
certainly let you know when I know more.

Peter

Old 05-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Chen Lei

2010/5/31 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com>:
> Thanks for the offer. The initial release of qt-mobility seems to need
> 4.6.x and does compile against the Qt in Fedora. I presume they'll
> bring it up to support 4.7 sometime before long. I'm still reviewing
> the requirements so I'm not exactly sure what they are but I'll
> certainly let you know when I know more.
>
> Peter
> --

I somehow a bit worry about meego spin in fedora when considering some
compents in meego are forked, now mutter-mbl conflicts with mutter, it
may be unacceptable for F14 which will use gnome3 as default desktop.

Chen Lei