Old 04-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Valent Turkovic

Default btrfs love-hate relationship

http://blog.rot13.org/2010/04/btrfs_love-hate_relationship.html

This is an interesting read.

I personally use it only in testing, but Dobrica who wrote blog post
tried it in production.

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
blog: http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com

Old 04-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/30/2010 02:41 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> http://blog.rot13.org/2010/04/btrfs_love-hate_relationship.html
>
> This is an interesting read.
>
> I personally use it only in testing, but Dobrica who wrote blog post
> tried it in production.

Btrfs is a experimental filesystem and not ready for production use as
has been said repeatedly. Please stop cross posting as well.

Rahul

Old 04-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Rudolf Kastl

2010/4/30 Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@gmail.com>:
> http://blog.rot13.org/2010/04/btrfs_love-hate_relationship.html
>
> This is an interesting read.
>
> I personally use it only in testing, but Dobrica who wrote blog post
> tried it in production.

hopefully he analyzed and filed his bugs else the "field testing" was
for nothing. somehow i am not really surprised that there are still
issues... maybe that is the reason why it is yet not recommended to
use it in a production environment or for anything else besides
testing with noncritical systems and noncritical data.

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl

Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Michal

On 30/04/2010 10:11, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> http://blog.rot13.org/2010/04/btrfs_love-hate_relationship.html
>
> This is an interesting read.
>
> I personally use it only in testing, but Dobrica who wrote blog post
> tried it in production.

read?? There was probably about 50 words there...if that