FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Farkas Levente
 
Default primary arch and buildsys arch are not in sync

hi,
now as ppc was removed from primary arch i try to build gstreamer-java
as a noarch packages. until now it was not possible because of this jdk
bug on ppc:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=468831
http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=190
http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=268
but now i assume as ppc is not a primary arch it's possible to change to
noarch, but i was wrong. even if ppc is not a primary arch there are
buildhost which are ppc. so the build fail since java compiler crash:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2143327
imho it's a bug and all buildhost should have to replaced to x86 x86_64
hosts.
or ...?

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Jon Masters
 
Default primary arch and buildsys arch are not in sync

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 16:54 +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:

> now as ppc was removed from primary arch i try to build gstreamer-java
> as a noarch packages. until now it was not possible because of this jdk
> bug on ppc:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=468831
> http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=190
> http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=268
> but now i assume as ppc is not a primary arch it's possible to change to
> noarch, but i was wrong. even if ppc is not a primary arch there are
> buildhost which are ppc. so the build fail since java compiler crash:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2143327
> imho it's a bug and all buildhost should have to replaced to x86 x86_64
> hosts.
> or ...?

This has been brought up a number of times before. I know they're
looking at the buildhost selection for the SRPM generation but in the
interim I've heard the "solution" is to just re-submit and hope you get
an x86/x86_64 host selected the next time

Jon.

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Till Maas
 
Default primary arch and buildsys arch are not in sync

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 04:54:18PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:

> now as ppc was removed from primary arch i try to build gstreamer-java
> as a noarch packages. until now it was not possible because of this jdk
> bug on ppc:

> imho it's a bug and all buildhost should have to replaced to x86 x86_64
> hosts.
> or ...?

You might need to wait until F11 is EOL, because there ppc is still a
primary arch iirc.

Regards
Till

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Josh Boyer
 
Default primary arch and buildsys arch are not in sync

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 06:54:14PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 04:54:18PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>
>> now as ppc was removed from primary arch i try to build gstreamer-java
>> as a noarch packages. until now it was not possible because of this jdk
>> bug on ppc:
>
>> imho it's a bug and all buildhost should have to replaced to x86 x86_64
>> hosts.
>> or ...?
>
>You might need to wait until F11 is EOL, because there ppc is still a
>primary arch iirc.

It is in F12 too.

josh
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Farkas Levente
 
Default primary arch and buildsys arch are not in sync

On 04/28/2010 07:58 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 06:54:14PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 04:54:18PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>>
>>> now as ppc was removed from primary arch i try to build gstreamer-java
>>> as a noarch packages. until now it was not possible because of this jdk
>>> bug on ppc:
>>
>>> imho it's a bug and all buildhost should have to replaced to x86 x86_64
>>> hosts.
>>> or ...?
>>
>> You might need to wait until F11 is EOL, because there ppc is still a
>> primary arch iirc.
>
> It is in F12 too.

how can i find it's true?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures
it has no version...

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Farkas Levente
 
Default primary arch and buildsys arch are not in sync

On 04/28/2010 06:40 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 16:54 +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>
>> now as ppc was removed from primary arch i try to build gstreamer-java
>> as a noarch packages. until now it was not possible because of this jdk
>> bug on ppc:
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=468831
>> http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=190
>> http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=268
>> but now i assume as ppc is not a primary arch it's possible to change to
>> noarch, but i was wrong. even if ppc is not a primary arch there are
>> buildhost which are ppc. so the build fail since java compiler crash:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2143327
>> imho it's a bug and all buildhost should have to replaced to x86 x86_64
>> hosts.
>> or ...?
>
> This has been brought up a number of times before. I know they're
> looking at the buildhost selection for the SRPM generation but in the
> interim I've heard the "solution" is to just re-submit and hope you get
> an x86/x86_64 host selected the next time

nice. why can't koji choose in this way?

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Rex Dieter
 
Default primary arch and buildsys arch are not in sync

Farkas Levente wrote:

> On 04/28/2010 07:58 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 06:54:14PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
>>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 04:54:18PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>>>
>>>> now as ppc was removed from primary arch i try to build gstreamer-java
>>>> as a noarch packages. until now it was not possible because of this jdk
>>>> bug on ppc:
>>>
>>>> imho it's a bug and all buildhost should have to replaced to x86 x86_64
>>>> hosts.
>>>> or ...?
>>>
>>> You might need to wait until F11 is EOL, because there ppc is still a
>>> primary arch iirc.
>>
>> It is in F12 too.
>
> how can i find it's true?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures
> it has no version...

Good point, adding versioning history would be good. As it is, I think that
document applies to f13/rawhide.

-- Rex


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org