-   -   Add mercurial to development group? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/363165-add-mercurial-development-group.html)

Neal Becker 04-28-2010 12:24 PM

Add mercurial to development group?

I noticed this post:

What would be the process to add mercurial to development group?

How can I see what packages are in which groups?

Rahul Sundaram 04-28-2010 12:32 PM

On 04/28/2010 05:54 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> I noticed this post:
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=244442
>
> What would be the process to add mercurial to development group?
>
> How can I see what packages are in which groups?

Refer to

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_and_edit_comps.xml_for_package_groups

fedora-cvs comps

yum grouplist and groupinfo is useful as well

Rahul

Rex Dieter 04-28-2010 12:56 PM

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> On 04/28/2010 05:54 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
>> I noticed this post:
>>
>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=244442
>>
>> What would be the process to add mercurial to development group?
>>
>> How can I see what packages are in which groups?
>>

> Refer to

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_and_edit_comps.xml_for_package_groups

> fedora-cvs comps

fyi, comps is in git now, instructions are referenced in the aforementioned
document.

-- Rex

Bill Nottingham 04-28-2010 07:24 PM

Rex Dieter (rdieter@math.unl.edu) said:
> fyi, comps is in git now, instructions are referenced in the aforementioned
> document.

... and mercurial's already an optional package there. Or is this
a request to make it a default one?

Bill

Neal Becker 04-28-2010 07:41 PM

Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Rex Dieter (rdieter@math.unl.edu) said:
>> fyi, comps is in git now, instructions are referenced in the
>> aforementioned document.
>
> ... and mercurial's already an optional package there. Or is this
> a request to make it a default one?
>
> Bill

IMO, mercurial should have the same status as git. git is default. Should
we take a vote?

Christoph Wickert 04-28-2010 10:21 PM

Am Mittwoch, den 28.04.2010, 15:41 -0400 schrieb Neal Becker:

> IMO, mercurial should have the same status as git. git is default. Should
> we take a vote?

-1 on mercurial then

Regards,
Christoph

Brian Pepple 04-28-2010 11:15 PM

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 00:21 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 28.04.2010, 15:41 -0400 schrieb Neal Becker:
>
> > IMO, mercurial should have the same status as git. git is default. Should
> > we take a vote?
>
> -1 on mercurial then

-1 here also.

Later,
/B

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Adam Miller 04-29-2010 05:16 AM

Add mercurial to development group?

+1 on mercurial

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Haïkel Guémar 04-29-2010 05:34 AM

Le 28/04/2010 21:41, Neal Becker a écrit :

> IMO, mercurial should have the same status as git. git is default. Should
> we take a vote?

Then +1, mercurial is used by many major open source projects (mozilla,
python, linuxTV, openjdk, netbeans, etc ...). btw, why rcs is default,
who uses rcs nowadays ?

H.

Ralf Corsepius 04-29-2010 07:07 AM

On 04/28/2010 09:41 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
>> Rex Dieter (rdieter@math.unl.edu) said:
>>> fyi, comps is in git now, instructions are referenced in the
>>> aforementioned document.
>>
>> ... and mercurial's already an optional package there. Or is this
>> a request to make it a default one?
>>
>> Bill
>
> IMO, mercurial should have the same status as git. git is default. Should
> we take a vote?

Make both optional.

Devs should know what they need, so there should not be any need to make
any of them default.

Ralf