Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Adam Miller

Default Add mercurial to development group?

By that logic we shouldn't have a development group at all since developers know what they need.

-AdamM (from Android )

On Apr 29, 2010 2:07 AM, "Ralf Corsepius" <rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:

On 04/28/2010 09:41 PM, Neal Becker wrote:

> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
>> Rex Dieter (rdieter@math.un...
Make both optional.

Devs should know what they need, so there should not be any need to make

any of them default.

Ralf

Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Ralf Corsepius

On 04/29/2010 09:24 AM, Adam Miller wrote:
> By that logic we shouldn't have a development group at all since developers
> know what they need.

I sense a misunderstanding.

Yes, IMO, any "default" (preselection) of "a devel group of packages"
hardly makes sense. However, marking packages as members of an optional
"devel group of packages" surely makes sense.

Or differently: One person's most valuable devel-tool is another
person's packaging bloat

Ralf