Old 04-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala

Default New improved usb_modeswitch coming your way !!

Hi All,
So i split up usb_modeswitch into the main package and the data part,
now called usb_modeswitch and usb_modeswitch-data.

The version in testing is latest upstream 1.1.2.
It would be great if any one using usb_modeswitch could test this
version as well and give it a karma

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/usb_modeswitch-1.1.2-1.fc12,usb_modeswitch-data-20100418-2.fc12
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/usb_modeswitch-data-20100418-2.fc13,usb_modeswitch-1.1.2-1.fc13

Huzaifa Sidhpurwala, RHCE, CCNA (IRC: huzaifas)

GnuPG Fingerprint:
3A0F DAFB 9279 02ED 273B FFE9 CC70 DCF2 DA5B DAE5

Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 AM
David Woodhouse

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 12:15 +0530, Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
> So i split up usb_modeswitch into the main package and the data part,
> now called usb_modeswitch and usb_modeswitch-data.
>
> The version in testing is latest upstream 1.1.2.
> It would be great if any one using usb_modeswitch could test this
> version as well and give it a karma

Might work better if you set $bindir to /usr/bin in the
/lib/udev/usb_modeswitch script. Or did you mean to move the
usb_modeswitch binary from /usr/bin to /usr/sbin in the packaging?

(I tested the F-12 version)

--
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@intel.com Intel Corporation

Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 AM
David Woodhouse

Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala

Old 04-21-2010, 09:53 AM
David Woodhouse

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 14:03 +0530, Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
> I would rather patch the tcl script to use the binary in /usr/bin
> Unless people thing otherwise.

Why deviate from what upstream does, which is to use /usr/sbin?

Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 14:03 +0530, Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
>> I would rather patch the tcl script to use the binary in /usr/bin
>> Unless people thing otherwise.
>
> Why deviate from what upstream does, which is to use /usr/sbin?

This is fixed now in
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/usb_modeswitch-1.1.2-3.fc13
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/usb_modeswitch-1.1.2-3.fc12

Thanks for the inputs.