Old 04-20-2010, 01:50 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

Default C++ help needed

Sadly, I am facing a task which exceeds my very meager C++ skills.

I own a package called "esperanza", which is a QT4 xmms2 client written
in C++. With the latest xmms2 update (0.7DrNo, not yet built or pushed
to any branch, but checked into rawhide CVS), the esperanza client no
longer works (it builds, but never launches). Please note that xmms2
clients use a script launcher to ensure that xmms2 is running, see the
esperanza.desktop file.

I've updated the esperanza code to the latest set of git fixes in
rawhide CVS (necessary to build), but I really could use the help of
someone with C++ skills to get it working again. I emailed upstream, but
never got a response.

The other xmms2 clients are held up on this, and I'd rather not simply
dead.package this unless I absolutely have to.

I would be happy to return the favor with work that is in my skillset,
licensing, packaging, reviewing, triage, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance,

~spot

Old 04-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Bernd Stramm

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 09:50 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> Sadly, I am facing a task which exceeds my very meager C++ skills.
>
> I own a package called "esperanza", which is a QT4 xmms2 client written
> in C++. With the latest xmms2 update (0.7DrNo, not yet built or pushed
> to any branch, but checked into rawhide CVS), the esperanza client no
> longer works (it builds, but never launches). Please note that xmms2
> clients use a script launcher to ensure that xmms2 is running, see the
> esperanza.desktop file.
>
> I've updated the esperanza code to the latest set of git fixes in
> rawhide CVS (necessary to build), but I really could use the help of
> someone with C++ skills to get it working again. I emailed upstream, but
> never got a response.

Can you give me a link? I'll take a look, see if there is anything I can
do.

Bernd

--
Bernd Stramm <bernd.stramm@gmail.com>

Old 04-20-2010, 05:03 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On 04/20/2010 12:09 PM, Bernd Stramm wrote:
> Can you give me a link? I'll take a look, see if there is anything I can
> do.

Just checkout xmms2 and esperanza from Fedora CVS, then build the
packages in the devel branch.

This will help if you're not familiar with Fedora CVS:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CVS_access_for_package_maintainers

To build the packages, run "make local" in the branch (e.g. cd
xmms2/devel && make local )

Thanks in advance,

~spot