Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Joćo Neto

Default Best way to customize Fedora

Hello
I'm working on a customization of Fedora 13.

Got a livecd, mount the squashfs and I'm changing the image settings
in the liveCD FS.

I configured a server Xnest and am trying to open a connection to my
liveCD mounted:

# Riding mount-o loop-t ext4 ext3fs.img (livecd) / mnt
chroot / mnt
# Export DISPLAY = localhost: 4
# Gnome-session

ERROR

I can not mount a remote session!

I wonder if this really is the best method to customize a LiveCD or if
there is another way!
My interest is not only to create or remove packages, but some system
settings too!

Thanks for listening!

--
Joao Neto - Software Developer | PHP Zend Certified Engineer
@joao_neto | http://www.joaoneto.blog.br

Old 04-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Garrett Holmstrom

On 16 Apr 2010, at 17:11, Joćo Neto wrote:

> I wonder if this really is the best method to customize a LiveCD or if
> there is another way!
> My interest is not only to create or remove packages, but some system
> settings too!

There is a much easier way: Revisor.

http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/

Old 04-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Adam Williamson

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 11:12 -0500, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2010, at 17:11, Joćo Neto wrote:
>
> > I wonder if this really is the best method to customize a LiveCD or if
> > there is another way!
> > My interest is not only to create or remove packages, but some system
> > settings too!
>
> There is a much easier way: Revisor.
>
> http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/

Or the slightly more dirty-hands method, livecd-creator and your own
kickstart file. 'man livecd-creator' will tell you how to use the tool,
and you can get the official Fedora kickstart files by checking out:

git://git.fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts

and poke around there to see how they work.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey