FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Bastien Nocera
 
Default b43: N-PHY

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 18:20 +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Anyone knows what the status of these patches is when it comes to F-13
> and higher?
>
> I'm referring to:
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/3/1/37
>
> Or more generally, whether the open source b43 driver knows how to drive
> BCM4322 chips.

The reverse engineering isn't complete, so the n-phy version of b43
isn't functional yet.

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Bojan Smojver
 
Default b43: N-PHY

Bastien Nocera <bnocera <at> redhat.com> writes:

> The reverse engineering isn't complete, so the n-phy version of b43
> isn't functional yet.

OK, thanks for the info.

Does that mean that the driver is usable with BCM4322 but won't go to N speeds,
or does it mean one needs to use proprietary Broadcom driver?

--
Bojan

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Bastien Nocera
 
Default b43: N-PHY

----- "Bojan Smojver" <bojan@rexursive.com> wrote:

> Bastien Nocera <bnocera <at> redhat.com> writes:
>
> > The reverse engineering isn't complete, so the n-phy version of b43
> > isn't functional yet.
>
> OK, thanks for the info.
>
> Does that mean that the driver is usable with BCM4322 but won't go to
> N speeds,
> or does it mean one needs to use proprietary Broadcom driver?

Means that you'll need to use the proprietary driver for now. Look for kmod-wl in RPMFusion.

Cheers
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Bojan Smojver
 
Default b43: N-PHY

Bastien Nocera <bnocera <at> redhat.com> writes:

> Means that you'll need to use the proprietary driver for now. Look for
> kmod-wl in RPMFusion.

Yeah, seen that one but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks.

OK, looking forward to the open source one in the coming months/years :-)

--
Bojan


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org