Old 04-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Jeff Johnston

Default How should chains be done in non-rawhide?

I am trying to update the eclipse-egit package to 0.7.1 and it requires
eclipse-jgit >= 0.7.1 which I just built. I would like both packages to
be in updates-testing at the same time since use of the eclipse-egit
package is the real test of the eclipse-jgit package.

For rawhide, I just used the chain-build target, but this doesn't work
for F-13. I don't really want to promote eclipse-jgit to stable just so
I can build eclipse-egit.

What is the recommended procedure? Ideally, I would like to use a
chain-build-like mechanism.

-- Jeff J.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 17:31 -0400, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I am trying to update the eclipse-egit package to 0.7.1 and it requires
> eclipse-jgit >= 0.7.1 which I just built. I would like both packages to
> be in updates-testing at the same time since use of the eclipse-egit
> package is the real test of the eclipse-jgit package.
>
> For rawhide, I just used the chain-build target, but this doesn't work
> for F-13. I don't really want to promote eclipse-jgit to stable just so
> I can build eclipse-egit.
>
> What is the recommended procedure? Ideally, I would like to use a
> chain-build-like mechanism.
>
> -- Jeff J.

Unfortunately we can't use chain-build on repos that don't self-update.
You'll need to file a releng ticket for a buildroot override to get your
eclipse-jgit into the buildroot, then you can use a koji wait-repo ...
&& make build type command to automatically wait for the build to show
up in the buildroot and kick off your second build. Then you can create
a single bodhi update that includes both builds to keep them grouped
together.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!