Old 04-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Karel Klic

Default Can I have some documentation examples excluded from Abrt crash collection?

Hi Jeff,

Good idea, also the opencv package would use this feature for its Python
programming examples. Current ABRT cannot ignore crashes based on paths,
so it must be developed.

Please file a RFE in Bugzilla, and include the filename mask(s) marking
the files you want to exclude. I think it will be something like:
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/*/examples/*.py

IMHO for the beginning it is right to have even package-specific
configuration (like the excluded paths) in ABRT. Later this kind of
configuration should move to the packages, as ABRT configuration files
and feature set become more mature and stable.

Karel

Old 04-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Karel Klic

Dne 14.4.2010 22:40, Jeff Spaleta napsal(a):
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Karel Klic<kklic@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Please file a RFE in Bugzilla, and include the filename mask(s) marking
>> the files you want to exclude. I think it will be something like:
>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/*/examples/*.py
>
> do you want that in Fedora bugzilla against abrt package or in the
> upstream abrt fedorahosted trac system?

Fedora Bugzilla

Thank you for filling it.

K.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Karel Klic

Dne 14.4.2010 22:02, Mathieu Bridon napsal(a):
> I'm not sure if that could be used for my own issues with ABRT, but
> let me explain it.
>
> When I'm developing a TG2 application, I sometimes get a traceback
> (well, I'm not perfect . ABRT sees the traceback, and wants me to
> report a bug against Paster.
>
> However, the bug is not in Paster, it's in my own code, and I know it
> since I'm currently developing it (Paster is used to launch TG2
> applications).
>
> Would it be possible to ignore this kind of tracebacks while not
> ignoring legit Paster issues?
Yes, that should be possible after some more programming is done. To me
it seems we will end up with package-specific semi-scriptable
configuration in ABRT. It would read the (parsed) traceback of a crash
and determine what to do with it, depending on its contents, on the
origin of functions etc. Then we will also be able to ignore those
plentiful Firefox crashes in proprietary plugins.

In other words: please file a RFE against ABRT so your request is not
forgotten, as it's perfectly valid.

Karel

Old 04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Roland McGrath

Ideally I think abrt's crash signature stuff ought to find two
characteristic failures are the same, and so send a reporter to
an existing bug report. Then that bug can be marked closed with
an annotation explaining what you need to install. (Of course,
it's also arguably wiser to have a hook in your python infrastructure
code that can talk to PackageKit magic to suggest installing a necessary
package right there instead of crashing.)

Thanks,
Roland