Old 04-14-2010, 03:12 PM
drago01

Default F13 Beta release notes

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Documentation team has prepared and posted a draft of the Fedora
> 13 Release Notes for the Beta release:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts.html

PPC is no longer a primary arch, so the wording about supporting it
should be removed.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Michael Cronenworth

drago01 wrote:
> PPC is no longer a primary arch, so the wording about supporting it
> should be removed.

Sony recently removed "Other OS" support from all PS3 units. Should the
Playstation line be removed as well?

(I haven't updated my PS3 yet so I can still use Fedora)

Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
drago01

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike@cchtml.com> wrote:
> drago01 wrote:
>> PPC is no longer a primary arch, so the wording about supporting it
>> should be removed.
>
> Sony recently removed "Other OS" support from all PS3 units. Should the
> Playstation line be removed as well?

The Playstation is PPC anyway so regardless of what Sony is doing with
the firmware update it should be removed.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Adam Williamson

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 10:20 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> The Documentation team has prepared and posted a draft of the Fedora
> 13 Release Notes for the Beta release:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts.html

Thanks for updating the system requirements. However, this looks like a
typo:

Minimum RAM for graphical: 348 MiB

348 is a fairly odd amount, I suspect it's meant to be 384. If so, then
the cited 32-bit and 64-bit requirements are identical, and they could
be combined into a single section.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 06:33:38PM +0200, drago01 wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike@cchtml.com> wrote:
> > drago01 wrote:
> >> PPC is no longer a primary arch, so the wording about supporting it
> >> should be removed.
> >
> > Sony recently removed "Other OS" support from all PS3 units. Should the
> > Playstation line be removed as well?
>
> The Playstation is PPC anyway so regardless of what Sony is doing with
> the firmware update it should be removed.

Please visit the wiki and make the change. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:47:50AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 10:20 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > The Documentation team has prepared and posted a draft of the Fedora
> > 13 Release Notes for the Beta release:
> >
> > http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts.html
>
> Thanks for updating the system requirements. However, this looks like a
> typo:
>
> Minimum RAM for graphical: 348 MiB
>
> 348 is a fairly odd amount, I suspect it's meant to be 384. If so, then
> the cited 32-bit and 64-bit requirements are identical, and they could
> be combined into a single section.

Done.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:31 PM
drago01