FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-13-2010, 05:24 PM
James Laska
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

Greetings folks,

Is anyone interested in sponsoring a new package used in several
upcoming AutoQA test cases? The package is beakerlib (a shell-level
integration testing library), and the review request can be found at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=561470.

I've done my best to help capture as many potential packaging concerns
as possible. The updated packages provided by pmuller look good to me,
but this review needs a sponsor to move forward.

Thanks,
James
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 PM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

>>>>> "JL" == James Laska <jlaska@redhat.com> writes:

JL> Greetings folks, Is anyone interested in sponsoring a new package
JL> used in several upcoming AutoQA test cases?

We don't sponsor packages, we sponsor packagers. Has the packager in
question done any other review work? Submitted other packages for
inspection? Read
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group?

- J<
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 12:33 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> >>>>> "JL" == James Laska <jlaska@redhat.com> writes:
>
> JL> Greetings folks, Is anyone interested in sponsoring a new package
> JL> used in several upcoming AutoQA test cases?
>
> We don't sponsor packages, we sponsor packagers. Has the packager in
> question done any other review work? Submitted other packages for
> inspection? Read
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group?

I think it was just a thinko for 'review'.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

>>>>> "AW" == Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> writes:

AW> I think it was just a thinko for 'review'.

In which case, why would a sponsor be required at all? James is in the
packager group, so he could just do the review. According to the ticket
in question, a sponsor for the packager is required (FE-NEEDSPONSOR is
blocked).

- J<
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 12:55 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> >>>>> "AW" == Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> writes:
>
> AW> I think it was just a thinko for 'review'.
>
> In which case, why would a sponsor be required at all? James is in the
> packager group, so he could just do the review.
> According to the ticket
> in question, a sponsor for the packager is required (FE-NEEDSPONSOR is
> blocked).

Ah, right. My bad, sorry.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
James Laska
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 12:55 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> >>>>> "AW" == Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> writes:
>
> AW> I think it was just a thinko for 'review'.
>
> In which case, why would a sponsor be required at all? James is in the
> packager group, so he could just do the review. According to the ticket
> in question, a sponsor for the packager is required (FE-NEEDSPONSOR is
> blocked).

I take it from your response that you're not interested in reviewing and
sponsoring this package review request?

Apologies if I have my facts wrong. According to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process, since ...
1. this is the first package up for review from pmuller
2. and, I'm not a member of sponsor of the packager group ...
the review must be done by a Sponsor. Since this review request was not
processed by a Sponsoer, I've provided my review comments to help the
discussion.

So the question stands, is there anyone interested in reviewing this
package (who is also sponsor in the packager group).

Thanks,
James
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

>>>>> "JL" == James Laska <jlaska@redhat.com> writes:

JL> I take it from your response that you're not interested in reviewing
JL> and sponsoring this package review request?

Again, we don't sponsor packages or package review requests. We sponsor
packagers. Packagers need to demonstrate various things before someone
will sponsor them. This is separate from the acceptability of the
package itself.

All you should take from my response is a set of questions that will
need to be answered before someone's going to step up and sponsor the
packager. Whether or not I have any personal interest in this
particular package or packager has nothing to do with that.

- J<
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
James Laska
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 13:58 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> >>>>> "JL" == James Laska <jlaska@redhat.com> writes:
>
> JL> I take it from your response that you're not interested in reviewing
> JL> and sponsoring this package review request?
>
> Again, we don't sponsor packages or package review requests. We sponsor
> packagers. Packagers need to demonstrate various things before someone
> will sponsor them. This is separate from the acceptability of the
> package itself.
>
> All you should take from my response is a set of questions that will
> need to be answered before someone's going to step up and sponsor the
> packager. Whether or not I have any personal interest in this
> particular package or packager has nothing to do with that.

I see, thanks for the clarification. Is there a better way you would
recommend to locate a sponsor for the packager of beakerlib (pmuller)?

Thanks,
James
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-15-2010, 04:01 AM
Garrett Holmstrom
 
Default Need a sponsor for beakerlib

On 4/13/2010 14:07, James Laska wrote:
> I see, thanks for the clarification. Is there a better way you would
> recommend to locate a sponsor for the packager of beakerlib (pmuller)?

Before anyone will sponsor a prospective packager the person should
first do some informal package reviews to demonstrate that he or she can
understand and follow Fedora's packaging guidelines. Then, given a
track record, sponsors will likely be more willing to step up.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org