Old 04-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Casimiro de Almeida Barreto

Default Problem regarding to wlan0...

Hello,

An intriguing problem happened. I use a notebook with FC12 usually in
WiFi environment. It never failed to detect wireless lans. Then I
plugged it to eth0. Ok, it detected eth0 but now wlan0 is disabled & I
get an "unknown error 132" whenever service network restart or anything
like that is tried. Also it is impossible to activate wlan0 through
NetworkManager.

Best regards,

Casimiro Barreto

Old 04-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Ryan Rix

On Mon 12 April 2010 2:12:17 pm Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> An intriguing problem happened. I use a notebook with FC12 usually in
> WiFi environment. It never failed to detect wireless lans. Then I
> plugged it to eth0. Ok, it detected eth0 but now wlan0 is disabled & I
> get an "unknown error 132" whenever service network restart or anything
> like that is tried. Also it is impossible to activate wlan0 through
> NetworkManager.

Have you, ya know, Filed A Bug?

--
Ryan Rix

Old 04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Michal Schmidt

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:12:17 -0300 Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> An intriguing problem happened. I use a notebook with FC12 usually in
> WiFi environment. It never failed to detect wireless lans. Then I
> plugged it to eth0. Ok, it detected eth0 but now wlan0 is disabled & I
> get an "unknown error 132" whenever service network restart or
> anything like that is tried. Also it is impossible to activate wlan0
> through NetworkManager.

132 is ERFKILL ("Operation not possible due to RF-kill"). Maybe you
have accidentally flipped a hardware wireless switch on your laptop?

If it's not it, I suggest you file a bug in Bugzilla and provide
detailed information (like what hardware it is, and the output of
dmesg).

Michal

Old 04-13-2010, 01:52 PM

Em 13-04-2010 10:41, Michal Schmidt escreveu:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:12:17 -0300 Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> An intriguing problem happened. I use a notebook with FC12 usually in
>> WiFi environment. It never failed to detect wireless lans. Then I
>> plugged it to eth0. Ok, it detected eth0 but now wlan0 is disabled & I
>> get an "unknown error 132" whenever service network restart or
>> anything like that is tried. Also it is impossible to activate wlan0
>> through NetworkManager.
>>
> 132 is ERFKILL ("Operation not possible due to RF-kill"). Maybe you
> have accidentally flipped a hardware wireless switch on your laptop?
>
> If it's not it, I suggest you file a bug in Bugzilla and provide
> detailed information (like what hardware it is, and the output of
> dmesg).
>
> Michal

Problem solved.

It happened after update (yum --skip-broken update). Notebook was
attached to eth0 and I guess something during update just put wlan0
down. Yes, pressing the "WiFi" switch on notebook solved the problem. No
need to fill bug report.

CdAB