Old 04-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Greg DeKoenigsberg

Default Fedora research survey. Test folks, please help.

Test folks: you all are underrepresented in the survey data. In this
final push, we'd love to see as much love from testers/QA folk as we can
possibly get. Thanks so much.

=====

All,

As some of you may know, professors at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke
University have been conducting a study of Fedora, and have put together an
online survey*based on interviews they conducted with several dozen folks from
the*community.

You can access the survey here:

http://www.projectassessment.org/fedora/

Their research goal is to focus more deeply on three primary themes that
emerged from over 20 interviews they conducted with participants in the Fedora
Project:

o Values that are relevant to participants (e.g., to what
extent is 'Open Source' a relevant value across the Fedora
Project?),

o Activities that participants engage in to help sustain the
community (e.g., to what extent is 'testing' a collaborative
activity across the Fedora Project?), and

o Tools participants use for communication or workflow (e.g.,
to what extent is 'Planet' or 'Koji' used across the Fedora
Project?).

The findings of this research will go a long way to helping us better
understand what makes the Fedora community tick. I think it is a hallmark of
our success as a community that academics are starting to study in detail the
ins-and-outs of how our community works.*

Please respond as soon as possible -- should take about 15 minutes of your
time. If you have any comments or concerns, please feel free to email*me.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer these questions.

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation._____________________________________ __________