Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Mike McGrath

Default boot.fp.org

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Mike Chambers wrote:

> I burned the cd/dvd iso from that site and tried to boot with it to test
> doing an install with F13. But the problem is during boot, it wants to
> configure net0 for networking (wired built-in ethernet on computer) and
> fails. Is it suppose to do net0 or shouldn't it do eth0 or whatever?

boot.fedoraproject.org is not actually booting Linux, it's booting a boot
loader to then boot Linux. I believe gpxe does refer to the network
interfaces netX. Were you having problems getting network to work?
Using DHCP or manual configuration? What network card?

-Mike

Old 04-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Mike Chambers

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 16:17 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Mike Chambers wrote:
>
> > I burned the cd/dvd iso from that site and tried to boot with it to test
> > doing an install with F13. But the problem is during boot, it wants to
> > configure net0 for networking (wired built-in ethernet on computer) and
> > fails. Is it suppose to do net0 or shouldn't it do eth0 or whatever?
> >

> boot.fedoraproject.org is not actually booting Linux, it's booting a boot
> loader to then boot Linux. I believe gpxe does refer to the network
> interfaces netX. Were you having problems getting network to work?
> Using DHCP or manual configuration? What network card?

Never got the option to configure neither one as it failed to detect or
whatever, can't remember exact wording.

Network is builtin to the motherboard, an eMachine, via nvidia chipset
motherboard.

00:07.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)
Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Device 0181
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28
Memory at dbf7d000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
I/O ports at d480 [size=8]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: forcedeth
Kernel modules: forcedeth

Uses the forcedeth module for networking.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"