Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default FESCo feature drop task

I'd like to request that upon dropping features, FESCo notify the
Marketing and Docs lists. Both of these teams maintain content that
describe features for the upcoming release. In the event a feature is
dropped, that content often needs to be changed by maintainers who may
not be watching the devel@ list for FESCo notes.

Whether a feature is dropped at a milestone point or during the cycle,
this kind of notification would be very helpful for the many
volunteers working on those teams. Thanks for your consideration, and
for maintaining the feature process!

Old 04-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Bill Nottingham

Paul W. Frields (stickster@gmail.com) said:
> I'd like to request that upon dropping features, FESCo notify the
> Marketing and Docs lists. Both of these teams maintain content that
> describe features for the upcoming release. In the event a feature is
> dropped, that content often needs to be changed by maintainers who may
> not be watching the devel@ list for FESCo notes.

I don't see a problem with this. Is bouncing of the meeting notes
sufficient?

Bill

Old 04-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:12:48 -0400
"Paul W. Frields" <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to request that upon dropping features, FESCo notify the
> Marketing and Docs lists. Both of these teams maintain content that
> describe features for the upcoming release. In the event a feature is
> dropped, that content often needs to be changed by maintainers who may
> not be watching the devel@ list for FESCo notes.
>
> Whether a feature is dropped at a milestone point or during the cycle,
> this kind of notification would be very helpful for the many
> volunteers working on those teams. Thanks for your consideration, and
> for maintaining the feature process!

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I will try and see this is done moving forward.

kevin

Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 10:58:02AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Paul W. Frields (stickster@gmail.com) said:
> > I'd like to request that upon dropping features, FESCo notify the
> > Marketing and Docs lists. Both of these teams maintain content that
> > describe features for the upcoming release. In the event a feature is
> > dropped, that content often needs to be changed by maintainers who may
> > not be watching the devel@ list for FESCo notes.
>
> I don't see a problem with this. Is bouncing of the meeting notes
> sufficient?

A quick trim and a "Here's a list of changes to the feature list"
would be helpful, but not required. Bouncing would work OK.