Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Denis Leroy

Default Orphaning packages, retiring from Fedora packaging

After maintaining the gtkmm stack for 7 years or so, as well as a number
of other packages, I am now orphaning the remaining packages that were
still under my care. I do find that contributing to Fedora is not as fun
as it once was, and as such find it more and more difficult to commit
the time and care these packages deserve.

The following are orphaned in the pkg database:

The main gtkmm stack (ideally should be owned by the same person, some
C++ experience is helpful but not striclty required):

glibmm24
pangomm
gtkmm24
gconfmm26
gnome-vfsmm26
libgnomemm26
libgnomeuimm26
libglademm24
libgnomecanvasmm26

Others:

libsigc++
libsigc++20
bakery
compat-libgda
distcc
glom
goocanvasmm
gstreamermm
gtksourceviewmm
libburn
libgda
libgnomedb
libnotifymm
libpanelappletmm
libxml++
wp_tray

Old 04-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Nikola Pajkovsky

On 04/09/2010 01:03 AM, Denis Leroy wrote:
> libburn

Taken.

--
Nikola

Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Debarshi Ray

For the moment I am picking up the following because these are the
ones I use and understand best:
glibmm24
gtkmm24
libsigc++20

Co-mainitainers welcome.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power."

Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM
H. Guémar

@Dennis: i appreciated your work on the Gtkmm stack.

took : gtksourceviewmm;, libnotifymm, gstreamermm, libxml++, libgda,
bakery, glom
btw, libgnomedb is dead package as it's abandonned by upstream and
most of it will be integrated in libgda-ui 4.2

Co-maintainers are welcome

H.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Christoph Wickert

Am Freitag, den 09.04.2010, 09:40 +0200 schrieb Nikola Pajkovsky:
> On 04/09/2010 01:03 AM, Denis Leroy wrote:
> > libburn
> >
> Taken.

Since libburn is a dependency of Xfburn I'd like to invite you to become
co-maintainer of it, so you can do the necessary rebuilds after updating
libburn. I can in turn co-maintain libburn.

This is how Denis and me worked together and it worked pretty well for
us.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Denis for all his efforts. Sad
to see him leave.

Regards,
Christoph